W6R1 I was warned πŸ˜‰

Phew, last nights run was just plain horrid!

Mentally challenging day at work, home to prepare dinner, get changed, warm up and out.

I was tired anyway, but dod my lags feel wobbly after the first 5 mins!!!! I was ready to walk home! The secon run was timed to include a slight uphill and I was ready to change route 😁 but didn't. Oh did I have to push push push push myself on.

Run 2 finished passing my way home, oh soooo tempting, but went a different way and ran the third run!

I'm glad I was warned otherwise I would have stopped and tried another day- I was tempted so many times and even though this was the least emjogable run, I was proud for pushing on 😊 Not sure yet if I will re-run this one or attempt R2 yet as I felt a dull ache in shin dufing the end of it, but it's fine today. Will see.

15 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done you faced a real challenge and really pushed yourself. πŸ’πŸ‘£πŸƒπŸΏ

• Thanks, not looking forwards to R2 at the moment though πŸ™‚ might not be rady yet.

• Well done! You smashed those gremlins! πŸ‘

Honestly if you completed it, I would move on. The wk6 r1&2 are mental, you've already built up to the physical - so go ahead & try wk2. You might surprise yourself.

• Thanks for the advise, and yes, mentally I found it really hard 😊 will try R2 next.

• You did it! Well done. Week 6 catches out many of us, just remember its now the mental side of running you need to crack! The plan has you physically ready. You WILL do this πŸ˜ƒπŸƒπŸ»πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

• Thank you, feeling more reassured now. I know I was 'warned' about W6, but it really took me by surprise

• You've nailed the physical part and you've recognised the mental challenge. That's really what week 6 highlights. If you've managed the first run, I'd move on. Physically you are ready. Maybe take an extra rest day if you're worried about your shin. Well done for cracking the first run :)

• Thank you 😊

Will carry on and be extra aware of my shin. If it carries on, I will take more rest days 😊

• Well done, week 6 throws loads of people, but you managed it! I would go on to run 2 - the last of the intervals. After that it's all non-stop runs. The end is in sight!

• Thanks, looking at it that way I'm not sure wether the intervals or the thought of non-stop running is worse πŸ˜‰πŸ˜

I will carry on and see how it goes. I suppose because I got even closer last time, I continually worry about not making it again.

• I quite liked the intervals and was not looking forward to relentless non-stop runs. But it was fine!

• Well done. I agree, had I not been warned I would have gone in complacent I think. You did it though! I found the programme the most enjoyable from W6R3 onwards so you've got it all to come. :)

• Thank you 😊

• 1 more interval run then bragging rights are yours! W6 is a killer, but it's a mental challenge and it's so important to get our heads into the running as well as our bodies. Well done, you'll be great at W6R2 - good luck!

• Thank you, can't wait to be up and about again 😊

You may also like...