Couch to 5K

I did it!

Well, 10 weeks after going our for my first "run" and thinking my heart really was going to burst out of my chest, I did it!

Completed the C25k and after a rest day I ran for 42 mins to get to 5k. Now need to keep doing the 5k until I don't look like I am going to collapse.

Aiming for a park run in March but don't want anyone calling me an ambulance cos of how knackered I look.

Thank you to everyone for your support, its been invaluable.

Newbies, if I can do this, anyone can. BELIEVE!

9 Replies
oldestnewest

Well, done congratulations. This is just what I needed to read as a beginner wondering if I will ever be able to run 5km.

1 like

You will, I am 48 and have never run in my life, even at school. Absolutely loving it now!

1 like

A - may - zing!!!

Massive 🌟🎈🌟CONGRATULATIONS🌟🎈🌟

Graduation AND 5k - that is definitely a celebration😊

We have that graduation cake, the fizz, party poppers and bucket loads of congratulations for you 🌟🎈🎂🎊🎉🍻🍷🍸🎓🍸🍷🍻🎉🎊🎂🎈🌟

but you'll have to go get your badge too! :)

3 likes

Hey, well done and many congratulations! And running 5k so soon after - wow! Don't forget to get your badge; it will look amazing. But of course the most important things (well in my book anyway) are the cake and fizz - go get 'em, really well deserved! :-)

1 like

Well done on graduating and hitting 5k as well - impressive! Keep going but be wary of pushing yourself too hard (he says from bitter experience) ...

1 like

Well done on two important milestones. I still look like the ambulance needs to be called most days. If you smile at the end of the Parkrun they won't be reaching for their phones.

1 like

Congratulations Di-L 🎉🎉

Well done on graduating and running 5k too..😊

Yes, consolidate now and enjoy your running and wherever it may take you. That parkrun in March sounds like a good plan to build towards.

You are Rockin' that badge.x

1 like

Wow ! Well done. Really hope you enjoy your parkrun in March.

1 like

Congratulations!! It's such a big achievement - well done for getting that 5k. Your shiny new badge looks fab. :)

1 like

You may also like...