W2R1 "Ghosts of past W1R1 are coming back!"

I will never forget the intense struggle of pushing the last 10 seconds of my last interval on W1R1.

It happened again. Only it was 15 seconds of jogging with jelly legs.

I am not going to lie. Arrogant me though it would be a piece of cake today. Nope, who here knows 90 seconds are longer than 60 seconds, I didn't.

Anyways, it was worth it. The sense of achievement and joy of posting here a complete day... will keep me going.

Looking forward to W2R2!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • "Who here knows 90 seconds are longer than 60 seconds"😂Love it. We've all been there. We'll done you!

• Sounds familure :-). When I started week 1 I thought it would be a doddle, it wasn't! But in 8 weeks time you'll look back and realise just how far you've come, and I don't just mean the miles.

• Well done! Glad you are enjoying it!

• Only 6 runs instead of 8 though!

• Yes. Surprisingly I covered the same distance too.

It was interesting.

• Go you... suddenly, it all makes sense:) You are doing fine!

• Well done! Sometimes our heads can get a bit ahead of our legs. Remember to slow down if your legs are struggling. You're still going too fast, slow down some more! :)

You will never forget that struggle. Occasionally throughout your running life you will have those struggles for the last minute of a run. The difference will be that they will come at the end of 3k or 5k or 10k. Then you'll be able to look back at when you had to push to run for that 60 seconds and be amazed at how far you've come. Really, you will! :)

• That was wonderful. Thank you! 😊

You may also like...