Here's to a better New Year!!

Well I started 2016 as a non runner, I'm finishing it as a poorly runner.

Tuesday, Hubby spoiled me with breakfast in bed, within an hour I was throwing up!!

By 7 pm I had to give in and ended up at our local hospital. Turned out I had a really bad urine infection??!! After an injection to stop me throwing up they gave me antibiotics and sent me home.

I feel awful, lived in PJ's since, my stomach feels massive and can't get rid of acid indigestion and I only ate my first meal tonight!!

I'm having an operation on my shoulder 18th Jan with about 6 weeks off work so I've no idea when I'll be running again.......... I WILL BE BACK!!

I've enjoyed my C25K journey, reading and commenting on all the posts, laughing and crying with you all. I'll be popping in now and again for inspiration. Sorry for the ramble!

I wish you all Happy and Healthy New Year

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Oh no, but you'll be back on your feet in time for lovely summer sunshine runs x

• Gosh! Feel better soon.... the runs will still be there.. get stronger and you will be running into the warmth of New Year..

Heal well and all the best x

• Oh that's a tough start to the year. But good on you, determining already to be back😀

• Sorry to hear you haven't been well but you're still a runner and you will be back 😊

• I have nothing to say but "Oh you poor thing!" and wish you fully recovered very soon.

• Speedy recovery, it sounds like you have a lot going on. I am convinced you stay a runner as long as you stay connected to our little family even when on the IC. I found when I had to take three months out due to a frozen shoulder the motivation to get mended and back out there was stronger because I read everyone's posts. Take care Rfc x.

• Awww, hope you feel better soon and that the shoulder operation is uneventful!

• Goodness you poor thing, that sounds horrible. I hope you feel better soon

• Thanks for all your kind words, I was really feeling sorry for myself last night.

I have never felt so ill, good news though - Feeling loads better today.

You may also like...