Persevere and you will get there

Having graduated a couple of weeks ago I have been on several runs since. I enjoyed putting on my own music and I tried to achieve the golden 30 minutes 3 times a week. Various things happened over those couple of weeks resulting in me not having very enjoyable runs in general - I had lost my mojo.

Today I decided I really must go for a run as the weather had cleared enough that it wasn't immediately raining and I had no excuses left (previously it had been too wet, too cold, children around, waiting in for a parcel etc. etc). I thought if I needed to stop I would and then use it as interval training. I was determined not to get disheartened on this run.

As it turned out I ran all the way without any intervals and did my first 5k today! I am so pleased as back in September I struggled to run for 90 seconds at a time and I've now just done 5k!

To anyone currently following the programme I urge you to persevere with it; take extra time if needed to achieve the week's goal and you will get there. Believe in the programme as its results are incredible.

Who would have thought eh - me running 5k?! Get in!!!

Happy running people!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Brilliant!! The first 5k is very special :)

• Bet you're high as a kite! Great news. :)

• Thank you and oh yes, I'm sneaking in a cheeky glass of wine to toast my success!

• Well done - great achievement

• Yeah ! Get in !!!

Ah this is such a lovely post , Well done ! :-) xxx

• Ditto with all those feelings , having a hard week this week trying to get out but I will I'm promising myself that 40 mins🍀🍼

• O well done you👏⭐️It's such a fantastic feeling the first 5k and so special😊 happy running & enjoy 😊

You may also like...