Been to hospital with slinky..Result!

Slinky had her follow on checkup after her operation and the goitre they took out is benign nothing sinister, and praise from the surgeon for doing so well,of course we are well pleased, beaming!πŸ˜†

Just has to get healed up now, which is going well, just sore with the breastbone knitting back together, so still has to be careful with movements, there's no rush! she won't be running just plenty of walking, I'll make sure of that!lol, can't see her getting back running at earliest till Spring 😊

Last edited by

24 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Thats good news Dave.😊

Being fit must help with the healing process too..so its great that Sue took up running with too. Lots of lovely walks kicking up the leaves and enjoying the fresh (hopefully not too cold) air.

Big hug Sue.x

• That's great news, I am so pleased for you both. wishing slinky a speedy recovery, sounds like she is in the best hands with you looking after her. take care rfc x.

• Fantastic news! Getting back to fitness and running must be a great motivator after everything. Sounds like you are doing a great job of looking after her.

• That is just the best news Dave! The running will wait until Slinky is ready.

• Oh yes... result indeed. that is simply marvellous news Dave.

With you looking after her, and her determination... a winning team.

You know the rest.... steady and slow. Huge, but very gentle hugs to Mrs Dave x One for you too x

• Great news. Way to go Slinky - wishing you the speediest of recoveries.

• Brilliant news !

All the very best to you both, look after each other xxx

• That is great news 😊

• Such great news Dave, I'm so pleased for you both. Suspect walking is the very best excise Slinky could possibly have as she recovers. There'll be plenty of time for running next year when she's got her strength back.

• Yes, walking the best for her at the moment, I can see how slow she is behind me..

• Brilliant news :-)

Hope you are both celebrating

• Slinky is! She's out shopping with her friend, am sweating!😱

• That's great news.

• Hurrah! :) Great news :)

• Wonderful news :-)

• Great news for you both. Take it gently x

• So pleased to hear that. Onwards and upwards.

Let's all of us who are healthy (yes - my very trivial Anneflu notwithstanding) take a moment to make sure we do not take our good health for granted. It's such a blessing but when all's going well we don't always even notice it or feel the gratitude we might.

Love to Her Indoors.

• Very good news

• So glad to hear this!

• Great news - must be a very big relief for you both.

• Good news Dave, go and buy a lottery ticket!

Buy her flowers, Take her out, have a glass of wine or beer..... do all the nice things people don't have time to do, even smell the roses........ today is the beginning of a new life. Enjoy

• Have done all that thanks!😁

• Brilliant news, gentle hug for Slinky xx

• Phew, what a relief for you both. At least Slinky has picked the best time of year to sit back and relax, let others do the running around?!!

Get better soon and out on your trainers again soon Slinky, x

You may also like...