Week 7 run 1.. That's a bit better

Despite being freezing cold tonight, it was actually a nice run. Leaves have dropped all over the pavements here in last couple of days, so I got to run through them making that lovely shufflly noise. They are not all wet and slippy (yet), so It was fun rather than "I'm going to go for a slide here "scary.

After the last few runs, which I've found quite hard, this one was still work, but steadier and more relaxed. I deliberately tried to keep my pace down, so that I would be able to do a sprint finish in that last minute. And while it wasn't really a sprint, I did go a bit quicker at the end๐Ÿ˜€ Going that bit slower meant the whole thing was a bit more enjoyable, too, and my rhythm felt more even, which I think is probably a good thing.

I also found out where a mystery road goes to.......A cement factory! My life has been enhanced by that if nothing else๐Ÿ˜‰ Should I ever need to buy industrial quantities of cement I will know where to go!

7 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Well done Raven2016, and it's amazing what ya can find out whilst doing C25K isn't it? :D

It sounds like you're getting on the same as I have inasmuch as I still don't find any of the runs easy, but things are getting better and it takes a little longer each time before I get to that point where my lower legs ache. Now, if I could just get that past the 30 minute point, I'll be over the moon! ;)

Keep on running. You're doing great! :)

• I think this program has been pretty clever all the way through...I am pushed to as far as I can take it every week, but no further... Another minute on that first twenty minutes would have finished me , but now I'm doing 25. I can do the last minute a bit quicker now... So although next weeks runs will be hard, they will be just about doable, I reckon. Whoever worked this out really knew what they were doing!

• The things we find on our runs! Well done on venturing outside in the cold and dark and for ticking off the run ๐Ÿ‘

• Well done I'm loving the colours at the minute I should take more photos..... Well done on the cement discovery.... You could be building a bunker or something ..... Wine cellar for your upcoming celebratory drinks ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ

• Loving the wine cellar idea.... I could go all Kensington and get a swimming pool and cinema put in as well!

• Well done.. slow and steady... and a run in the dark. It sounds exciting and you discovered a new place :)

Well done you :)

• Thanks Oldfloss.... I have to admit I was hoping for something a little more "scenic", though!

You may also like...