Beautiful Run W5 R3 at Chorlton

Beautiful Run W5 R3 at Chorlton

So I'm up in Manchester visiting my uni student daughter and staying in a hotel in Didsbury. BUT I did remember to pack my running things, so this morning I set off from the hotel at 7am and my 5 min warm up walk took me to Corlton Water Park as recommended by Mollydex.

As Laura informed me it was time for my 20 minute run, which I was somewhat dreading I entered the park to be presented by a beautiful sight of the sun over the reservoir, with ducks, geese and swans. My run took me through a goaded area, through grassland and then into some woodland. The autumn leaves radiant in their glorious colours were a little slippy underfoot, but undeterred I even made it through the muddy paths without falling.

To say I enjoyed this run would be an understatement, and although squishing through the muddy bits slowed me down a little, by the time I got back to the hotel and the end of the podcast I had covered 5km, with a few extra minutes of walking.

I'm really proud of myself, and thankful to Mollydex for the recommendation, and the Manchester weather which was fine and crisp.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Beautiful... what a lovely park run ! Even the mud sounds wonderful! Enjoy your weekend :)

• Have a wonderful time up here in the north. Sounds like a great run and at a super pace.

• I'm having a great weekend so far, not just my run, but Manchester Art Gallery, mooching round Afleck's, the curry mile, The Lowry Gallery, Lowry Outlet, cinema to see The Girl on the Train, and a rather nice Vietnamese meal. Only problem is the weekend is not long enough to do everything on my wish list... great place. 🤓

• You are packing lots in . Enjoy.

You may also like...