W8R1 dreadful

I think this was my worst run yet. Ten minutes in I really felt like giving up, I slowed right down and I mean right down almost to a shuffle, I managed to pull myself together though and carry on through the misery, then all of a sudden felt better and managed to pick up the pace for the last two minutes which seemed to go on forever. I might have an extra rest day to recover and go out for R2 on Wednesday, I'll see how I feel. POOPED

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Too true... brilliant!

• You did brilliantly...huge pat on the back. Felt rotten and still triumphed..that is a runner !

Take the extra rest day... you deserve it.. get your feet up and bask in the knowledge that you did it!

You thought about stopping, and what did you do ? You ran harder :)

• Bless you, I'm going to have a hot bath then a kip, I feel ancient xx

• Join the club... except I AM ancient :) Go soak away the aches :)

• Some days are definitely like that - but it then gets very simple. Either keep running or 'just-don't-want-to-do-it-today'. I've had a few of the latter, but the days when I kept going felt extra good as a result :)

• Strange thing is, some of best runs have been after terrible nights of wakefulness, following a big meal and even in the evening (when I prefer mornings)! It is so unpredictable that just when we are sailing along, a difficult run comes along. Keep going and your amazing run will come. Definitely easier once you graduate and maintain your run times

• So glad you kept going! Even if you have a mini break to get your breath back, just run on again and finish the session. You'll be so relieved you kept going 😊

It's great when a run can be saved which might otherwise have bit the dust.

Keep up the good work☺

You may also like...