A year on

Hello fellow runners!

Gosh, it's been ages since I've visited these pages. I started my running almost a year ago now and lots has happened since the days of struggling to run a minute!

Two weeks ago I completed the Great North Run (half marathon) - no walking, no stops, just a whole lot of running :) It was amazing and I'd never have got there without taking the first C25k steps. So if you're just starting out, well done - I wish you the very best of luck and when it gets tough just stick with it. It's so worth it :)

My next challenge is to get a sub 30 minute 5k - closest I've got is 31 minutes. Time to start doing some pace training sessions at club!

Take care & happy running everyone x

14 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Ps I think I mentioned last time that I was having a bit of trouble with my hip. Well I've been doing yoga once a week for a while now and it seems to be helping loads! So may be a good thing to try if you're suffering.

• Thanks for encouraging post. What a lot you have achieved ! I am finding yoga helpful too even although I am fairly useless at it.

• Can one be useless at yoga.... I am led to believe that it is what you and your body can do, no competition or comparison should enter your thoughts. Enjoy....

I also go to a yoga session once a week and love the feeling the next morning when I feel I have been stretched.

• Thank you - And I'm sure you're better at yoga than you think!

• Thanks for that ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ

• No worries ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Great post, thank you. Very inspiring ๐Ÿ˜€

• Thanks!

• Thanks for the update - great inspiration!

• Thank you - looks like you've nearly completed the 9 weeks so well done!

• Just 'WOW' !

• Aw thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

• How inspiring..... I am tempted by increasing my running to 10K but just trying to consolidate and make 5K three times a week a regular part of the week ๐Ÿ˜Š

I have never run indoors on a treadmill so that might be my next experiment and to join a park run although they run early and I'm not sure my bones and muscles will be ready for it๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

• I like parkrun, great atmosphere, but I do find morning runs harder! Take it steady and you'll get to 10k no problem - I joined a running club which had progression 5-10k sessions. Very helpful! Good luck ๐Ÿ˜Š Hope the treadmill goes well if you try it.

You may also like...