Back In The Old Routine

Although I managed to keep running on holiday and despite running on a flat course my pace was slower than normal. Now that I have had three runs this week on my more familiar, but more elevated route, my pace is back where it was, in fact it was a little better. My Runkeeper told me that last month was my best average pace to date. All this being said I am still very slow. But I am seeing incremental improvements in a number of areas, including a 2llb weight loss last week. All heading in the right direction.

Happy runnings.

6 Replies

• That's great Nightingale. All very positive 😀

• Thanks Vanessa. How you doing since graduating?

• Well... I am still going out 3 times week keeping up the momentum. Sometimes have found it hard and gave up around the 20 minute mark. The last couple I did get to the 30. I had to dig deep and tell myself to stop being ridiculous of course you can run 30 mins. It's so dark now at 05:00 I have changed my route to a better lit main road- I think that helped this week. I've reached 5k on 2 runs but I think that included my long walk back so am not counting them. Lol. I am still slow but not worrying about that at the moment. Thank you for asking. 😄

• Sounds like you are doing well. My target is to run 3 times a week for about 30 mins. I have not set myself any time or distance targets. Keep on running whether for 20,30 or 40 mins. It is all to the good.

• Keep it up! I work to improve average speed too so you can forgive yourself the odd relapse!

• Well done! Sounds like you're doing great!

You may also like...