I just ran naked .....😎

I just ran naked .....😎

Now I know I swore I'd never run without music but Fazzical and I are away in our little tin tent (that's him peeping over the windbreak πŸ˜€) and I thought what the hell. Now I had no idea where to go so set off with just my Apple Watch for company. I set a timer for 5 minutes so I knew roughly when to start running, the ground was very very uneven then shock of my life had to run up a very steep rough hill. 😱 I puffed up and then levelled out starting to worry about boredom without Robbie and Madonna to spur me on. I needn't have worried, crossed a road turned left, left again should be heading back towards holiday home. Far too busy dodging horse poo and jumps to get bored - I think I've just completed the Badminton Horse a Trials on foot πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ okay back to the road now, that looks like the house near the campsite so time to walk, no wrong! - time to panic where did that crossroads come from 😱😱. I'm lost - no phone - no money, wobbly legs not even a pub in sight 😬 Fortunately there is a road sign so I get my bearings and head back but I have idea where I have been so can never do it again. I'm not entirely sure I want to - I was definitely following a horse trail with jumps and turns and everythingπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ my new middle name is Shergar πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ but I am glad I wasn't distracted by music or I might still be out there somewhere.

It will be fazzical's turn next - happy holiday running πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

23 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Wow! Sounds like quite an adventure, but a fun one at that! Have a great holiday! 😊

• That sounds Fab OP! (well, maybe not the horse poo or the hill). I hope Fazzical has his kecks on behind that windbreak!

• Ooh scary thought. Yes he does πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

• Sounds good fun. I hope I don't get lost in the grounds of Scone Palace.

• I don't recommend getting lost πŸ˜€ We're walking to the village later - I want to buy a map. Better late than never I guess πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

• I have downloaded some to my OS Map App

• Enjoy your holiday

• You too

• Horsey, horsey, don't you stop....just let your feet go clippety clop ! Shergar ! That made me laugh.

• I wish I could move with the speed and grace of Shergar πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

• Interesting run by the way you do remember Shergar disappeared never to be seen again

• I do ! For a while I wondered if it would be meπŸ˜€πŸ˜€

• Where is that OldPossum ? Don't worry were not going to turn up en masse, well not all of us, anyway ;-) xxx

• We are near Petworth in Sussex. Haven't been here for years and had forgotten just how lovely it is πŸ˜€

• What a truly small world it is! I was in Petworth in May this year :) Beautiful part of England all around there, I always feel like standing up through the Vehicle Sunroof and loudly reciting Brownings 'Home Thoughts From Abroad' (even though I am not of England - I have ALWAYS had a wonderful time there and grown to really love it :) )

• Just beware of horse trails and tree roots if you decide to run here. I came pretty close to more than one tumble but I did have funπŸ˜€

• Shergar, the racehorse once regarded as the nearest real-life equivalent to Pegasus, the winged horse from Greek mythology.

The stallion had a white blaze mark on his face, four white "socks" and a distinctive racing style of running with his tongue hanging out - he was gentle, calm and kind.

• πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚I can equate to the tongue but hubby is not convinced by gentle and calm πŸ˜‚

• I remember well the Nationwide search. Such a shameful end to such a princely steed....

• Oh I do wonder what happened to him , such a sad ,sad tale ....... xxx

One of my pugs always has his tongue out, its huge ! All the better to slurp treats up with :-) xxx

• Sounded fun - have a great holiday and amazing to run naked - only happened to me once when I had a tech problem and the sound of my heavy breathing put me off that πŸ˜‚when I can't hear myself I think I have my breathing in control!!

• Loved your ' free-run' what fun you're having. Love your tin tent, posh awning and windbreaks! Nice peek of Fazzical , glad he's got his keks on!

Have a wonderful holiday. Looking forward to the next postcard run 😬 Don't forget to take a ball of string, tie it to the tin tent and ruuuuunnn......... Might need a big ball though πŸ˜€

• I have plenty of knitting wool with me 😎

• You need to be a member of this community to see hidden responses.

You may also like...