Third time lucky!

Week 2 completed; having started again for the third time! Got up to week 6/7 3 years ago then stupidly threw myself into work and found no time to finish the programme. Then started again but didn't get far as a detached retina left me in and out of hospital for a year but, having now had my third eye operation, I've got the all clear to start running again! I'm on a treadmill this time as my 3-d vision is still poor so I feel safer on an even surface! Glad to be back in the race and looking forward to the support and encouragement of this fantastic community.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • It must take real determination to get back onto it again. Well done and you know you'll get every bit of encouragement from this forum.

• Thank you.

• Well done , that must have taken some determination . GLad the eye is doing well :-)

• Thank you.

• That's really impressive - getting started is tough enough without the added sight problems. My husband and I have signed up for the Blindfold run in London in November so will think of you. McFitty is doing it too.

I hope your eyes settle down now - good luck with the program. ๐Ÿ˜€

• Thank you so much.

You may also like...