Couch to 5K
62,303 members95,058 posts

Third Time Lucky

And so, after nearly 10 months since I started CT5K and no less than 58 runs and months of downtime due to various injuries, I have FINALLY completed week 9/run 3, injury free, yay!!! This morning I bagged the whole 5k run in 30.02, carrying my thin tall frame as gracefully as a wildebeest with my favourite band pumping up the ear plugs, as the 1970' bands normally do. For me this is massive, and if any self doubters out there please believe in yourselves, if I have pulled this through then the doors are open for everyone. Thank you for all your support, I will carry on running for as long as possible, never thought I'd fall in love with it like this :)))

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done you, you're a runner! Feels good doesn't it, enjoy your success.

1 like

Surreal! The last minute I gave it a right ol' chase with my stomach up there in my throat, god knows what the passing dog walkers made out of me, lol. Thank you, Wizziewood!

1 like

Well done - and a fantastic time for the 5K.

2 likes

Cheers :) Wasn't running fast, can't do fast, it's just my thin spider legs and long strides. The only plus side of my injuries was that my physio advised on how to build my core muscles and stronger legs to protects my sorry knees. I spent months doing planks & sit ups :)

Wow! Brilliant achievement. Well done graduate! Go get that shiny badge 🎓🏅⭐️🍾🏃🏻🏃🏻‍♀️

2 likes

Fantastic and well done!

1 like

Thanks Jacs, it feels really good. How do I go about the badge business? Can't wait to show my wife, my champion supporter ;)

Go to the pinned post June graduation badges. Leave a message and the badge fairies will work their magic try this link

healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

1 like

Great, will do ;)

Nice badge!

1 like

Well done Sir. You got it in the bag!! It's all about perseverance my friend.

1 like

Thank you, Malc! There was literary no option but to carry on.

1 like

You may also like...