A Curate's Egg of a Run

When I started running this morning I had no idea what circuit I would run or how long I was aiming to run. I started a little faster than I had on my Monday run. Well when I say faster that is a relative term, less slowly may be a more accurate depiction of it.

I decided to go on a medium length route but one which has quite a few long incline stretches. I apologise in advance to those of a sensitive disposition or those about to eat. Now I a quite a regular guy but this morning when I was part way round my run I had to keep things in check. If you know what I mean. And that made my running not quite as smooth as usual.

I clocked up just over 5.2 kms before I thought that I better stop running and walk the rest of the way. When I checked my pace I had run the 5 km in just under 40 mins. I was pleased with that given the circumstances.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • You had a lucky break there it seems TCM's can be really difficult to deal with depending on where you are during the run

• TCM's?

• Touching cloth moment as opposed to Turner Classic Movies

• ha ha! Never heard of that! TY

• You're welcome that's my service sense of humour coming through

• So you needed a slash! Nearest tree then! When needs must!😁

• Btw, well done!

• Very trying well done. Sounds like a really good time to me πŸ˜€

• Bit of a cheeky run towards the end then? ;)

Well done on the time, the distance (and the fortitude)! πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ˜ƒ

• Ooo err - don't want to do a Paula Radcliffe!

Well done for persevering.

You may also like...