Feel smug when I beat the weather!

Feel smug when I beat the weather!

Just back from my run and it was pretty hard today but I feel satisfied I went out and did what I needed to do. I will be celebrating with a cream scone. As I flopped on the couch, the rain started to pelt, so happy when I choose to run at just the right time and miss the rain. Think I have been running now for maybe 8 months and done pretty well. In fact my favourite running season was winter so far. Have you managed to dodge the rain clouds?

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I started in June, and have only had rain once, I think it was either week 1 or 2. I was in Brighton and ran along the seafront, I can remember the frequent stops, thinking I would never be able to run a continuous 30 mins. Then all of July had the really hot weather but dodged that by going mostly early mornings. I am due to graduate tomorrow.

• Fantastic Vanessa! Very exciting to graduate and then you will be a free runner! I felt a little strange on week 9 because I wondered if I could keep going without structure. However, it was great to be able to plan my runs and set my own goals

• Yay, well done Joolie! Yep I too managed to miss the rain this morning. Hope you enjoyed that scone! Mmmmmmmm 😆

• I ran yesterday and got well and truly soaked! 😊 I have to admit I like running in the rain and just had to get used to it last winter/spring as I often didn't have much flexibility in the time I ran!🏃

• I love the rain. Less people about! I like a lonesome soak ;) I like a cream scone too!

• I love the rain! I don't get as many opportunities as I would like, mostly it rains over night here. Yesterday was an exception, I got a right good soaking! Lovely!

You may also like...