Oh my gosh, I did it! I have graduated! :)

So I can't quite believe it. Yesterday, when Laura said her final words to me on the week 9 run podcast for the last time, I felt so good and more than a little astonished that I managed to finish the entire Couch 2 5K programme! I have spent all day today making progressively longer playlists using my own taste in music on my ipod, going to try 35 minutes tomorrow morning, it's a great feeling and for all of you who are close to finishing, stick at it, it's worth it and I am pretty proud of myself!

Thanks to everyone who replied to me on here to give me advice, especially when I really hurt my foot (going upstairs to put washing away, nothing to do with running!) and had to take 3 weeks off. I was so worried I would never get here but here I am and a real runner! :)

Nic xxx

20 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Congratulations! It's great that you are preparing to keep running solo. I have finished Week 1, and will do my first Week 2 session tonight.

• Hi! Keep at it, after my first run of wk 1 I was sure running wasn't for me, I was so tired and found even running a minute too much! But something in the back of my brain told me to persevere and I am very glad I did! Thank you for your congratulations, I really appreciate it :) x

• Huge congratulations. It is a massive achievement. Here's to your future running life!

• Congratulations. What a lovely thought - running with your own music - enjoy πŸ˜€

• πŸ‘ŠπŸΌπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ congrats & well done.😊

• Well done you, great effort. Congratulations πŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸΈπŸΈπŸΈπŸΈπŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“ all your own hard. Hurrah for you ✨✨✨✨✨

• You are! You are a real runner! Go get your shiny badge and we'll get the party stuff! πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸΈπŸŽˆπŸΈπŸŽˆπŸΈπŸŽˆπŸΈπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸΈπŸŽˆπŸΈπŸŽˆπŸΈπŸŽˆπŸΈπŸŽ“πŸŽ“ And you kept your mammoth achievement quiet since yesterday?! Unbelievable 😊 Biggest and bestest CONGRATULATIONS to you :)

• Lol, I know, McFitty, I had such a lot on yesterday I didn't have time to get online! :0 Thanks to you all, I really appreciate all the well-wishes and I am really looking forward to running with my newly made playlist in the morning! :0 Going to try 35 mins! x

• Congratulations graduate! It's a great feeling isn't it!

Now to plan lots of lovely new running adventures.

• Yeah fantastic well done, I'm just heading out to do my final run in the rain 😏 I ditched the podcast a couple of runs ago and now listen to spotify which has a pre built running playlist in, I know when I've reached 30 minutes as the adverts start coming on.

Enjoy your running.

• Yay! Well done that runner! Big congratulations to you and enjoy the next stage of your running journey!πŸ™‚

• Yep, it's official: you're a runner!!!!!! Enjoy the feeling!

• Huge congratulations.. :)

Enjoy your playlist tomorrow .. great to run with our own taste in music..

Again well done x

• Congratulations!!! Saying goodbye to Laura was sad but I still run with her occasionally so it doesn't need to be goodbye forever :) Don't forget to ask for your shiny new graduate badge!

• Brilliant! Well done. The is THE week to graduate!

• HURRAH! Well done you! :) :) :)

• Thank you, everyone! And look at my name now!!! 'Graduate'!!! :D xx

• It's so exciting! I love our shiny badges !!

• Congratulations πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ“ what a fabulous feeling and how great to be able to listen to your own music now - I have had a sneaky go at that but not using it yet as I am sticking loyally with Laura until the end πŸ˜€

• Congratulations. Well done.

You may also like...