Couch to 5K
54,952 members87,491 posts

Lost the plot...? Nah!

So after the woeful despondency of last evening, and the loving kick in the butt from you lovely peeps, today brought a breakthrough I had begun to believe was beyond me.

When I got home from work I went straight upstairs, put the kit on and laced up the shoes, and left the house before I could talk myself out of it!

I ran for 22 minutes, very slowly - only covered 3k - but hey! At least I wasn't on my backside on the settee. My car dashboard was still showing 25 degrees when I drove home, so I feel vindicated in my less-than-impressive effort. It was so humid, really sweaty. But I wore a vest rather than a t-shirt for the first time, and I carried water with me - both of which helped.

I can't thank you all enough for encouraging me to get back out there. If it's a bit cooler on Saturday I may even get back to Parkrun 🏃🏻 🎉

17 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done 😊. Go you

1 like

Well done! Somehow I find it hard mentally to get ready to go out as soon as I get in, but it's usually a better run when I do...!

1 like

It's the only way for me. Once I sit down, that's it. There's no getting up again 😏

1 like

Yeay!!!!! Go you!!!!! Very well done.....☺

PS

Knew you could do it!!!!!😏

2 likes

Thanks Oldfloss . Wish I had your confidence! 😊

1 like

Ah that's great news ! Well done , hope you feel much better for it ! :-) xxx

1 like

Indeed I do. And I know I will sleep better tonight 😊

There you go ! Well worth it isn't it :)

1 like

Yup!! Thanks again for inspirational post, which reminded me this is not life-or-death! 😊

1 like

That's brilliant! Well done you!knew you just needed to get into the zone!😊😆

1 like

Brilliant! So pleased for you 😊

1 like

Great stuff. So pleased you got back into it ☺ it's well worth it. The health benefits are just huge

1 like

Really pleased for you Rhedwr!☺Well done!

1 like

Excellent news Rhed, well done :)

1 like

Well done! Really pleased for you - hoping the mojo sticks around!

1 like

Me too!! 😃

22 minutes and 3k is a great first effort! Very well done to you.

1 like

You may also like...