Lost the plot...? Nah!

So after the woeful despondency of last evening, and the loving kick in the butt from you lovely peeps, today brought a breakthrough I had begun to believe was beyond me.

When I got home from work I went straight upstairs, put the kit on and laced up the shoes, and left the house before I could talk myself out of it!

I ran for 22 minutes, very slowly - only covered 3k - but hey! At least I wasn't on my backside on the settee. My car dashboard was still showing 25 degrees when I drove home, so I feel vindicated in my less-than-impressive effort. It was so humid, really sweaty. But I wore a vest rather than a t-shirt for the first time, and I carried water with me - both of which helped.

I can't thank you all enough for encouraging me to get back out there. If it's a bit cooler on Saturday I may even get back to Parkrun ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿป ๐ŸŽ‰

17 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Well done ๐Ÿ˜Š. Go you

• Well done! Somehow I find it hard mentally to get ready to go out as soon as I get in, but it's usually a better run when I do...!

• It's the only way for me. Once I sit down, that's it. There's no getting up again ๐Ÿ˜

• Yeay!!!!! Go you!!!!! Very well done.....โ˜บ

Knew you could do it!!!!!๐Ÿ˜

• Thanks Oldfloss . Wish I had your confidence! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Ah that's great news ! Well done , hope you feel much better for it ! :-) xxx

• Indeed I do. And I know I will sleep better tonight ๐Ÿ˜Š

• There you go ! Well worth it isn't it :)

• Yup!! Thanks again for inspirational post, which reminded me this is not life-or-death! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• That's brilliant! Well done you!knew you just needed to get into the zone!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜†

• Brilliant! So pleased for you ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Great stuff. So pleased you got back into it โ˜บ it's well worth it. The health benefits are just huge

• Really pleased for you Rhedwr!โ˜บWell done!

• Excellent news Rhed, well done :)

• Well done! Really pleased for you - hoping the mojo sticks around!

• Me too!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• 22 minutes and 3k is a great first effort! Very well done to you.

You may also like...