Back to I/C and chuffed to run for a minute!

After nearly 5 weeks out due to injury I finally put my kit back on today! It felt great - I did a brisk walk for 30 minutes with four bursts of jogging. My hips and ankle hurt afterwards but I did it!

I suffer badly from health anxiety and until I hopped onto the I/C I hadn't really realised how much the running helped. After four weeks out I have got into a downward spiral but this morning was an instant lift.

Can't wait to get back to parkrunning! Thanks to all those who were sympathetic to my injury woes. I intend to go out every other day and re-use some of the C25k - thought I would start back on week 2 for my next go in the hope of doing 5k again in about three weeks. How does this sound?

10 Replies

• Glad you are back out there. A gradual build up sounds sensible - you know your body by now, so just pay attention to what it is trying to tell you!

Good luck and enjoy!

• I'm currently on the IC and know EXACTLY how you felt. I won't be back for a few weeks I fear, but I need to get better before I try to run again as everything just aggravates the pain at the moment. Boo hoo.

• It's good to see you here again UIOLI but sorry to see you're on the IC. You've had your fair share haven't you?

• I've had a couple of lay-offs for MS attacks, but this is my first 'proper' injury. I'm not impressed! Still, I can't contemplate giving up running so I must resign myself to maybe a couple of months of recuperation. Hurumph.

• The time will pass quickly enough. Keep the faith and keep posting here to remind yourself you're still a runner!

• Slow and steady does it.. and listen to Ullyrunner ..your body will tell you what is good and what isn't :)

• Welcome back and it sounds as if you're doing the right thing by startng gently. Just don't be in a hurry to get to 5K. It'll happen but take it very slowly and gently.

• Ah that's great news , always great to get back out there isn't it ?

Good Luck and fingers crossed for injury free runs for you xxx

• I'm a little way behind you, plonked on the IC this week and now at least 4 weeks out :( Feeling a little down about it but will follow your posts for some idea as to how to make a gradual come back once I'm injury free :)

• Melly4012 - will keep you updated. I have felt great all day - admit I had to take an ibuprofen after the brisk walk this morning but no pain now. Do you have an exercise routine in the meantime? I have a great physio and follow her advice to the letter - I may actually end up fitter than I was pre-I/C!

You may also like...