Five weeks in

I am facing (tomorrow) week 5 run 3. I am a little apprehensive, but also a little excited at the prospect. I could never in my wildest dreams have imagined that I could run for 8 minutes at a time (week 5 run 2). But now I can. Now I can! It feels (rather sillily) like such an achievement. My family can hardly believe it.

When I think back to week 1, when I could barely catch my breath in the walks between runs.... I know I still have a long way to go until graduation, but I have self-belief. And Laura definitely helps me on my way.

For any newbies to couch to 5k who are reading this: you can do it. Remember "it's just a light jog".

17 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Not silly at all. Have fun tomorrow.

• This is a real milestone in the programme and your self belief will rocket when you complete this one !

Break it down into 5 minute chunks if it helps , just keep doing what you've been doing so far and you will nail it !

Slow, steady, believe .........

• Not silly at all I definitely felt like it was a massive achievement.

Good luck tomorrow and let us know how you get on X

• Amazing, well done you! No advice needed - you already know you can do this :)

• It does seem a ludicrously big jump! But it is possible and most people manage it. I think the programme just builds you up to it and suddenly it's possible, and suddenly you're a runner. After all, 20 mins is amazing!

• Good luck for tomorrow! I have that on Friday having repeated run 2 today with a few extra minutes to build my confidence a bit l... We can and we will run for 20 minutes!!

• I've done mine and I'm wishing you luck for tomorrow, though you won't need it. Laura is particularly encouraging on the podcast to keep the legs going!! Go for it!

• Well done you! I am right behind you......@brightsprice!

• Hoping you achieved w5r3 @HilaryC!? If not, I think it's already an achievement to get to this point! I know I was relieved when I was able to count backwards with fewer mins left to run!

• Yes just did it! In the rain and wind! Yes it made a huge difference once I was over the half way point!! Thank you for all your encouragement !!! Good luck to us both for week six!!

• Just saw the photo you posted: you looked very happy! Week six here we come! :-)

• Just has a look -three separate runs again. I found that a challenge and repeated r1 and 2 , but that helped me be ready for the third one.

• Good luck you can do it

• I did it! I ran non-stop for 20 mins! This programme definitely works. I know I felt more exhausted after week 1. I am ecstatic!

• I know exactly how you feel ๐Ÿ˜€

• Good luck - you can do this, and you will feel amazing!

• good luck with the run, the grin this run gives you makes it all worth while. Remember keep it slow and steady

You may also like...