Blown the budget!

Blown the budget!

After a good end of week 7 run (only last 5 minutes were hard once Laura told me and I missed my distraction and on an uncline) so decided to go to a proper running shop and see about some new shoes. Well the gait analysis told me that I was neutral with forefoot strike. I think what the man said translates to you could run in anything, even a pair of wellies. But undeterred I more than blew the budget on these beauties. Now I will have to carry on running and run miles and miles never returning to languishing on the couch to prove to myself that they were worth it!

29 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Yes, they are most definitely worth it. Have to avert a serious case of shoe envy here!

• Wearing them around the house now to wear them in! Can't wait to try them out.☺

• Definitely worth it.. I've had my first ever new running shoes.. seems ages ago now..three months.. but still get a buzz every time I lace them up to go out.. very similar to yours :)

Wish you many happy running adventures with them x

• Ps I'm sure they will speed you on to graduation victory!! :)

• Thank you. Sure to graduate in these ( better had it won't be able to go home and admit)!

• Really nice pair!

• Thanks! β˜ΊπŸ‘Ÿ

• They look awesome, dddd4 - great motivation to cruise through the rest of C25k, and beyond.πŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Thanks. My darling husband just pointed out that if I only get the 500 miles they said they will be good for in the shop they will cost more than 30p a mile. Whoops! 😲Feel good on though.

• The alternative calculation is that the shoes equal 3 and a bit private physio sessions when you develop impact injuries through rubbish shoes, plus months of potential injury couch.

But I guess I'm preaching to be the converted πŸ‘ŸπŸ‘Ÿ :)

• Yes converted but will pass on said wisdom to oh.πŸ‘Ÿ

• 30p a mile sounds like a bargain!

• Ooo lovely πŸ€—

• Thanks hope they run well.

• Very nice ☺

• Thanks. Hope they run well!

• Gorgeous!

• Thanks. Kep looking at them and thinking of the miles we will do together!

• Loving the colour.☺

• Thanks!☺

• Ooooh yes , very nice ! :-)

Gorgeous colour, love 'em !

Happy Feet xxx

• OMG!! Snap - I bought these exact shoes last weekend at Up&running. My first test run in them (4 miles) was a 5km pb and all negative splits. (Obviously down to the shoes ;) )They are so cushioned aren't they. I love them!!

• Wow amazing stats. Now hoping they perform for me too!

• Ooh lovely! You'll be looking forward to week 8 now - my wk7r3 was a bit of a slog. Week 8 starts tomorrow - I think Julie's turning up!

• Wondered who Julie is, so I get to meet her next run? Will Laura still be there to hold my hand?

• She will be :)

• Thanks got a bit worried then.

• They're gorgeous! Enjoy them :)

• Thanks- their first outing on Monday!

You may also like...