Chest infection blues or even blules over!

I got out this morning for the first time in 3 weeks and told myself I could stop whenever I wanted. The sun was shining, the birds were signing, slugs were slugging and it was great!

I did just over 30 slow minutes and no coughing fits. Wonderful to get the 'I've-just-run-high' again.

Thanks for all your advice and getting back out there.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Haha! I giggled about the "slugs slugging" as that just describes them perfectly. Ugh! They have just devoured loads of my plants this year. I hate the little bu**ers ☹️

Well done on getting out there again.

• Nice job - glad you are up and running (pun intended) again. Bizarre to think of birds "signing" though :-).

• So pedantic yatesco , we can always rely on you.......

• Apologies if I have caused offence, that certainly wasn't my intention.

• I don't think you could ever cause offence! You make me smile because that's typical of what I would do. I constantly correct spelling and grammar in my head, and really hate it when I send a post....then see the glaring errors

• I entirely misread your tone, huge apologies :-).

• I must learn to put smiley faces on my responses as I can't put emojis on. Apologies for upsetting you too, I love your quirky responses, please don't change..... :-)

• Hey look, a smiley face appeared. I'm going to try that again to see how I did it. :-)

• "It's not you, it's me" (no, we aren't breaking up!). My wife saw my reply and called me a "Numpty" :-).

Written media is so insufficient for communicating all the emotions, context and intent of our messages.

Peace all around :).

• It's why I have so much 'punctuation'!! I always hope it purveys my meaning and tone in which it was written :)

• Oh yes.... I can so empathise with this.. too many years teaching. I even e-mailed M & S last week, as there was a spelling error in one of the ads they sent me!

Got a lovely reply too :)

• They have to do it, silly.. they know we don't understand bird-speak! :)

• Great - your legs don't forget how to run. Glad you are feeling better - just build up gently now.

• Yeay.. out there and doing it again:)

You may also like...