2 short runs in a day

This morning I couldn't convince myself to get out of bed in time to do my 30 minute run before work - so instead I went out for 20 minutes and made it to work in time.

After work I found myself thinking I could go for another run to make up for the lost time. And so I did another 20 minutes and my legs felt fine all the way.

I am getting dangerously addicted to this running thing. The last thing I need is to end up on the IC because I've overdone it. Tomorrow I will have a rest day.

Last edited by

16 Replies

• This is something that I have discovered recently - but have never done it. Apparently a lot of "elite" runners do this as a means of getting a larger volume of running into their legs when they are a bit time poor :) It is also touted for people trying to do very long marathon training longruns to split their longruns up - maybe morning and afternoon or even afternoon followed by next morning

• Yes, you mentioned in one of your replies, that another way of progressing after c25k would be to add more runs instead of running longer distances. I also saw the part where it said that elite runners could benefit from running more than once a day. Perhaps that was actually where the idea was born.

I think what is important is to stick to the rule that the one's running distance shouldn't grow more than 10 percent a week. Whether it is done in three or five runs is less important.

• You will be fine... two short runs, and work in between! if this Old Snail can run for 63 mins... a slip of a thing like you has nothing to worry about! :) Well done!

• Thanks, floss, it felt good and legs are still fine, so I'm sure it's alright.

• We all know about your "rest" days, Iben. Take it easy :)

• No recovery "walk" today!

• You are wise to curb your enthusiasm. The injury couch is a miserable place!

• Ahhhh ok "IC" thank you for clarifying!!:)

• Sorry! When you are new to a forum, that kind of internal lingo is pretty irritating and excluding. Will try to remember.

• Np;) it's the way of the future:)

• Hey I did a 4.5k this morning in 30mins!:D

• Well done! I think that makes you a bit faster than me.

• Why haven't you gotten you "Graduate" badge?

• How do I get that..?😬

• There is a pinned post here in the right column where you write to the administrators that you have graduated, and then they give it to you

• Love it :)

You may also like...