Couch to 5K
73,758 members โ€ข 105,696 posts

The evening I discovered running in the rain!

And I liked it ๐Ÿ˜ Who'd have thought it. Loved the smell of the air and it was nice and cool.

Nice little 5.85K week 2 of 10k program.

Am totally addicted to running now.

16 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

I know ! Its mad isn't it ? I used to be a right wimp with the weather , but love running in the rain :-)

Exercise, therapy and a shower all in one go ....

Well done ! :-) xxx

5 likes

Only ran once in the rain. Liked it too. But my glassed steamed up - couldn't see a thing

1 like

Yes that was a problem with my glasses too! I needed windscreen wipers!

2 likes

I also went as slow as I wanted tonight to enjoy it. I want the distance not the speed so that's what I'm going to go for. Actually though it was a bit faster overall. I can't work that one out!

If you wear a baseball cap or any cap with a peak, it keeps the rain off your specs :-) xxx

3 likes

Of course! I'll try that

1 like

I just got a new cap pp... it has an extra long brim... I think I look like a duck-billed platypus in it!!! :)

1 like

I really like running in the rain, although I did once get so wet that my headphones packed up! They worked again once dried out though. A peaked hat is essential if you wear glasses I think.

1 like

Heh, running in the rain seems to be a consistent theme at the moment, I suppose it isn't cold rain and we can dry off when we get home.

I'm not addicted to running, noooo, I can give up any time...

2 likes

Love running in the rain. But yes a cap is essential for us wearers of specs ๐Ÿ˜†.

I had to take my specs off one rainy run (no cap) & it was really difficult running without them (I have to wear mine all the time).

Here's to many more Splish splosh runs ๐Ÿ˜€

2 likes

I was just going to start a post on the same thing! I nearly got put off checking the weather forecast early this morning but the rain was lovely and refreshing ๐Ÿ‘

2 likes

Yes, I had a run in the rain too the other day - lovely and refreshing, I usually get too warm!

2 likes

Yep that was me yesterday! It wasn't too heavy, but I think in winter it will be a different story...

2 likes

Oh yes........... :)

Well done you... embrace the rain!!! :)

Have you ventured across to big school yet... Bridge to 10K? They are a lovely lot... awesome feats of running though, but so friendly and really helpful, plus sound advice! ( Which I need)...I cannot remember whether I have seen you there? :)

Will have a look. Thanks

1 like

You may also like...