Non-running day frustration

If someone had said to me that I'd wake up in the morning and feel a little frustration and disappointment that I couldn't run today, I'd never have believed it!

I know I need my rest days, I know 4 runs a week are the maximum my body will allow (I've tried more despite advice, my legs had the strength of blancmange!) but the inner 'need' to run is really strong and a total surprise to me! I know I could go to the gym but the weather is so nice it's a shame not to be out in it. So I'm looking for long walks to do instead. And I'm excited about it, really excited! I've got all this energy and if I don't do something I feel I'm going to explode.

What happened to the couch potato that was content to sit on the sofa eating Jaffa Cakes and playing Candy Crush?! What a difference ๐Ÿ˜Š

22 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • I know what you mean and it's equally a surprise to me too! :D I really want to go for a run today as the weather is going to change tomorrow, but I did my hardest run to date yesterday and know I have to rest before the dreaded wk5run3!

I will be doing some yoga at lunchtime but it's not the same is it!

• I'm glad it's not just me then! I didn't realise getting 'the running bug' was a real thing. But it certainly seems to be ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Other forms of exercise such as swimming, cycling are fine to burn off that energy. I found I needed the rest days as I git I to the latter stages of the C25K programme! I still think rest is very much needed. I did 2 long runs recently so took 2 rest days to recover, legs are ready to go today

• Sadly my bike has rusted away due to neglect, so cycling is out. I'm doing the C25K with my daughter and Friday which was W4R2 we covered 4K, then Saturday I did a Parkrun and that was a lot harder than usual. We learn by experience...

• It can be addictive to get out there - especially when the weather is perfect and you are enjoying progress in the plan.

Take things easy though - rest days (from running) are important too.

• They jelly-leg feeling wasn't nice at all ๐Ÿ™ There's no joy in running too soon and finding that out

• I totally get what you mean! I normally run on Monday, Wednesday & Friday. This week Monday was out so I ran on Sunday instead. Well, yesterday was OK as I was busy decontaminating my sons room and bathroom ๐Ÿ˜ฑ In his halls. I decided to get back to my normal schedule and run tomorrow. I was not prepared for how frustrated I would feel not running today! I don't run on Tuesday's! But two days off midweek is simply wrong. I am ok with the weekend off as we usually go for a brisk walk (OK, it's to the pub but it's still a brisk walkโ˜บ๏ธ). I have got this running bug bad ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐ŸƒThe me who used to spend as much time as possible on the sofa watching NCIS and eating Moam Pinballs (yum!). Bring on Wednesday ๐Ÿ‘

• The change happens so subtlety! One minute it was something to do, now it seems essential! And I can't stop looking at running kit! ๐Ÿ˜ณ

• Haha! Love it Needing-answersย -ย me too!! ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ gotta look the part lol!! And this forum has overtaken FB!! Lol!! ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ

• I've got a favourite pair of running leggings! I'm mean I wouldn't have been seen in daylight in legging before this! Lol

• Yes! FB is boring now. Nobody runs. All muggles, really, aren't they?

• Does that mean we're magic?!?! *looks around to see if there's a Hogwarts letter*

• Yes, and the muggles don't have a clue!

• I now feel the need to run in my Hogwarts Tshirt! Lol ๐Ÿ˜Š

• The same happens to me... It'unbilievable! In the rest days I go walking or, sometimes, in the swimming pool.... I need to do something... And I was a couch potato... I think I am becoming addicted...

• It's strange isn't it?! All this extra energy and motivation just appears!

I wouldn't swap it for the world tho ๐Ÿ˜Š

• still love a Jaffa cake #;-)

• I've not had one yet. I've not ruled them out, just not seeing them as a complete food group... ๐Ÿ˜ณ

• you mean they are not !!!!! Oh no ๐Ÿ˜ž

• It appears not sadly ๐Ÿ˜ณ

• I'm constantly thinking about running, looking forward to the next run, planning my first parkrun, researching gear, etc. I'm seriously hooked.

• There are far worse things to be hooked on ๐Ÿ˜Š

You may also like...