Punishment

Went for a run this morning. Forgot to switch on my Watch. Not a good start. I was feeling really tired and gave up after 2k. Not proud of myself, dejected, depressed. Went home, had breakfast, then decided I will ride my bike instead. So off I went. 1k, 2k, 3k, facing the wind, slight hills. Never mind, it will be easy on the return trip. 4K, 5k.... I should go back then it will be 10k return. A good punishment for overeating yesterday. Then I decided to carry on, carry on until my backside is so sore I can' lean on anything. 6k, 7k... Oh my God... I need to ride until I am fully exhausted. More hills, more wind. 8k, 9k, 10k.... Just a bit more..... 10.1k. Ahhhh ok, let's turn around and go back.  But but but, the wind is still in front, how can that be? And the hills.... I never realised there are two side to a hill! Bummer, another 10.1k to get home.  I finally made it. Wobbly legs, tender bottom..... Up the driveway... Darling hubby shouting "let's go for a bike ride to the coffee shop" ...yeahhhh.... After having done 20.2k , could I add on another 5K? I decided since I was so numb I may as well carry on. Once down in town, hubby decided to ride along the foreshore.... I couldn't feel anything so it did not matter. 

So all in all my punishment was nearly 30K of bike riding. And now, I am not dejected, I am not depressed, I am proud of myself !

16 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done!that's a looooong way!hope you had something nice at the coffee shop😊

• Thanks Ali. Spinach and feta sausage roll and peppermint tea. All good.

• That's the kind of stuff I like too!yum😊

• Wow, your quads got a massive workout!! That's an impressive amount of exercise -hope you're not feeling too achey tomorrow xx

• Oh yes AncienMum, I am sore already. Maybe it was a bit silly to push myself so far so quick but the pleasure I have from it is worth today's pain. Don't know about tomorrow.....😰

• Wow.... what a ride! Sounds amazing!

You should be very proud.... and the run will come later :)

• Woah that is a long bike ride, well done :) hope you had something nice with your coffee :) 

• Cor that's hard on the old backside!! Well done! Your legs will be well toned for a gentle run next time😅

• Well done - just a shame you can't sit down any more!

• Hahaha Ully, just had visitors for dinner. Had to sit on left side then move to right, back to left.....

• A m a z I n g.

• Buns of steel!

Well done, you! :)

• Well done!!

• Wow well done xxx great work X 

• Well done- Is there the opportunity for a relaxing bath the soothe those achy muscles (and sore bits)

• Well they say, the more you do, the more you can do! You're sounding very athletic there. Impressive day's work :)

You may also like...