W5R3....lovely Yorkshire morning!

Today I have accomplished two goals....1) running 20 minutes 2) running outside.

My 18 year old son came home for Easter yesterday and I told him about my 20 minute run coming up. "Well Mum why don't I run with you outside"? Firstly I was a bit nervous as all my running up until now had been on my treadmill and secondly my son is a lot fitter than me (he completed his Army basic training last year). As I don't get to see my son as much now I thought it would be nice to spend some time together. So of we went  and bless him he kept to my pace only running ahead to open gates so I didn't have to stop! It's fair to say the time went by a lot quicker than on the treadmill and I managed to find a good pace. Breathing took a while to control and other than the last 3 minutes (up hill) I thought it went quite well!

Week 6 here I come!

Last edited by

12 Replies

• Brilliant, well done and getting to do it with your son even more fab!

• It was great thank you....feel achy today though! 

• That's so great to hear you're not just getting outside but how supportive your son was! :)

• He's taking me for a run tomorrow too....he's like my own personal trainer! 

• Well done on run 3 and also for getting outside to do it.  Onwards to week 6, I'm not too far behind you!

• Good luck with your next run....I'm so happy I started this, I feel so much better for it and happier too :) 

• That is fantastic! I love it when folk move to running  outside, and how lovely to run with your son. I hope he was suitably impressed!

• It was very strange at first actually running and getting somewhere! I think he was happy that I've found a love for running. After our run we got home and he took Stepdad out for a 10k run! 

• Ha ha! What it is to be young!☺

• What a lovely supportive son.  Glad you both had a good run together.

• Thank you. I'm looking forward to the next one! 

• Well done lovely that's brilliant!! Mine tomorrow hope it goes as well as yours. Enjoy your time with your Son x

You may also like...