Starting again - 2nd time round

Well here I go again. Last time I was on week 7 and took a fall while out it turned out that I had badly sprained my ankle and damaged shoulder joint.

That was 6 weeks ago so thought I would start at week 1 and see how my ankle copes.

All I can say is that it was hard - I have definitely lost my fitness- ankle is sore and a bit swollen- but it was so nice to be out again.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Take it slow and steady and you'll be fine - the weeks will fly by -

Good luck

• As neverrunmum mentioned, start at week one and just take a steady pace. I am sure that after a week or two, what fitness improvements you had made previously will start to kick in.

If your ankle is a tad tender for a while just repeat week1 until it feels stronger to progress.

After all being out there exercising, whether walking, jogging or a mixture of both is better than sitting on the couch!! :)

Adrian

• Go you...is your ankle supported ? make sure it is and take it steady, slow and slow and slower, is really good :)

Keep posting.. and you will be back at Week 7 and beyond before you know it :)

You may also like...