Unwell and frustrated

After my last run (W4R1, which was meh) I came down with a cold and haven't been able to get out there for more runs. It's so frustrating, especially because my last run was so difficult and I want to do better. I thought I'd feel well enough today but I'm still not 100%, so I'm trying to be patient which is not my strength. I know running while unwell will just make me feel worse.

Just needed to vent. Also, who would have thought I'd become that person who gets antsy if she's not running!?

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Ah hugs, hope you feel better and are able to get out for a run soon

• Thanks! Crossing my fingers that it's soon...

• You can run with a cold, unless it has gone into your chest. That is - unless you have some other illness that you know makes you worse...

• It's drained me of energy (the energy I'd need to run, anyway) and I'm not getting adequate rest because of work. I wouldn't last long if I tried to run now.

• Of course if you feel unwell don't run, some colds don't drain you like that, then it's ok xx

• What you are doing is very wise. When you are fit, run; when you are sick, focus all your energies on getting better. It is frustrating, yes, but there are always things you can be doing while on the injury couch: strengthening exercses (SQUAT!), mobility work, reading and research.

Nil desperandum. Dum spiro, spero, as Roman runners used to say, even if you spir-ing is a bit tough at the moment.

You may also like...