Total Running Distance

Hello peeps,

It's a bit quiet at work today, and therefore have spare time on my hand (aka i'm bored ;) ). So what did I decided to do??.....Go through all my run programs and calculate the total km I have run since I started the C25K program. I couldn't believe it... OMG! I already have 125km under my belt.

This got me thinking about Total Running Distances and a question to all out there "How many km/mile's do you think you have covered in total over time"?

Saul.

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

15 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Runkeeper keeps count for you so since I started using it in Sept 2013 it has clocked up 1,782km for me! Hard to imagine.

• Wow, that's a lot of running! Well done you, has that surprised you?

• So far over 770 km and runkeeper hasn't recorded them all plus out for 4-5months with an injury that is over 16 months

Aiming for 750 this year from Jan

• Pretty good going there Slow_Rob. That's a long time to be out with an injury, hope you are all good now.

• All good now thanks Saul :) I have very different approach now take things much slower and allow myself time to recover :)

To be honest I went at it a bit bonkers hence the injury , would I have done it any different , nope lol but you live and learn and I am in this for long term :)

• I can understand where you are coming from. You have this Rocky Balboa feeling in your body!...... "yo Adrian"!!

• Not really sure as I have used different methods to record them but I think it's about 1,000 KM. Not yet 2 years since I started...

• Nice going Curlygurly.

• I started off quite slowly, running twice a week, and it took a while to get my distance up. I do between 22 - 32 KM a week now running every other day, so sometimes 3 times a week, sometimes 4. That said, I am having an extra day off this week, I ran 13 KM on Tuesday, my furthest non stop run. My legs hurt now!

BTW, there's a nice app called Smashrun that crunches all the data for you if you have a Garmin or similar.

en-gb.smashrun.com/

• 13k, well done you! Must have missed that On GC. Really good going 😀 xx

• Thanks for the link. 13K, that deserves a medal itself!

• 831 since last april.

I'm well on target for 1000km this year

• Well done, hadn't really thought about a years target.

• I bought my Garmin FR15 after graduating C25K at the end of Oct 2014, so all runs are logged from then onwards.

2014 Nov - Dec : 179 km

2015 Jan - Dec : 924 km - Sporadic between april and Nov due to ankle injury.

2016 jan - Now : 174 km - happily running consistantly 3 times per week since Nov 2015.

So grand total of 1277 since graduating C25K end of oct 2014.

I've really taken it steady since Nov 2015 in the hope that I can be injury free during 2016.

• Nice set of figures there, inspiring!

You may also like...