My 1st Runniversary

It appears that it was my C25K 1st Runniversary yesterday :-)

After a false start on the treadmill in October 2014 and after encouragement from my physio, I got carried away , went too fast, too far, too soon, in rubbish trainers and got very painful posterior tibealis tendonitis about a month later which didn't clear up until early January last year. Looking around for how to restart in a gentle way, I got myself sorted out and did Week 1 Run 1 on Monday 26th January 2015 in our works gym - on treadmill #1 of 4 I hasten to add :-) Good old #1 - it's my favourite!

I started at 9.8 km/h and nudged that to 10.0 (cheeky!), but by Week 3 twinges of post-tib spooked me so I knocked that down to 9.0 km/h (equivalent to 5k in 33 mins) and stuck with that all the way through.

And here I am, 1 year and 1 day later (and older and a little wiser). Able to run 12.5 km in about 65 minutes, a 5k PB of 23:31 and loving the possibilities :-)

Thanks for listening and reading,

John (runner)

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Fantastic !

Congratulations John ( runner ) on your Runniversary

Well done that man ! :-) xxx

• Thank you Poppy!

• A great year John well done :)

• Thanks Rob!

• Happy Runniversary John! What a difference a year can make!

• Thanks Ully! Yes, quite a difference :-)

• Happy Runniversary for yesterday John. You do know that it's a rule that you have to treat yourself to a piece of new kit and post a picture?

• I kind of did that over Christmas :-) See my "Running Story" post !

John

• Yeah but that was a month ago........🙂

• Ha! Ok... I am keeping my eye out for one of those merino base layers from Aldi but looking in there is a nightmare!

• Wow, said the novice, if only I could do 5 k in 30 minutes..... I am envious. Well done

You may also like...