Trying to get on track!

For the last 4 months, longer really, I have been struggling. I have put on tons of weight and an ankle problem has been stopping me running, or at least giving me an excuse to stop running. It started swelling when I was training for a half marathon, which I did manage to complete but now

I feel fat, old and unfit.

I know exercise is the key to getting physically and mentally back on track, so I am back here to read all your posts and get inspired again! I felt so good when I was slimmer and fitter.

I managed a 30 min run this morning, now I just need to eat little and healthy.

I need a challenge I think because that always motivates me. Ideas?? Anyone up for it???xxxx

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Happy ! Good to see you back on here :-)

Sorry about your ankle , Im glad youre feeling better .

I have been on the IC too ,but I feel ready to get out there again . I joined Slimming World last night with my hubby so I am really feeling motivated and cant wait to get stuck in again .

Come on lets do this thing ! :-) xxx

• Well done you and thanks for the reply! No slimming clubs here as I live in rural France, but no garages with rows of chocolate either which helps!! I just need to get my head in the right place, day 3 and I haven't given up yet!! Thanks for your support xx

• Ah rural France ! Whereabouts if you don't mind me asking , theres quite a few from France on here :-)

Good Luck Happy, you can do this xxx

• Southern Haute Vienne. Love it here, lots of forests and countryside. Where are you?x

• Im in South Manchester , very exotic . Ha ha :-D xxx

• Yes but skimming clubs and park runs and gyms are a bonus!!!!

• Slimming even!!!

• Oh yes , we have got plenty of those ! Shall we do a house exchange for a bit ? Your countryside and forests sound very appealing ! :-) xxx

• Why not lol!!! You need to love dogs, cats and horses!!!

• Its a deal ! :-) xxx

• Well done on getting back out there any injury can put you back physically and mentally, I know from experience.

You are back on the horse so to speak set your self small goals to start and reward yourself when you achieve them :)

• Thank you, luckily there are a couple of challenges here I can join in, its a great site xx

You may also like...