Graduated at last!

It took five months with ten weeks on the injury couch over three injuries (one not running related) and several repeated runs in the middle weeks when I struggled.

But today on a windy Boxing day with clouds flying overhead and brief glimpses of sunbeams I struggled through and not only finished but did so with my fastest pace so far.

At one point a heron burst our from beneath the bridge I was running over to cheer me on. Beautiful.

Thank you everyone who encouraged me and well done to the other Christmas week graduates.

xxxxx

Gnet

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

11 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Well done - with perseverance like that the running world is your oyster. Here's to many happy runs ahead.

• Congratulations on graduating! Very well deserved after all your perseverance.๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿป

• Congratulations on graduating. I admire you for being able to go out on Boxing Day because I overdid things on Christmas Day and would never have coped today.

After so many injuries you should be 'well chuffed'.

• Excellent ! Many Congratulations to you on your Graduation !

Lovely post ....

Persistance always pays , Well done ! :-) xxx

• Thank you all. It feels strange to have a Graduate badge :)

• Well done Gnet especially after so many set-backs. Seeing it through is a real achievement.

• Congratulations - you should feel very proud of yourself. Great start to a new year!

• Fantastic! Well done you!! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• Brilliant, gnet, just brilliant! That graduate badge is really well deserved :)

• Well done. I graduated on Christmas Eve, it's a great feeling isn't it?

• It is amazing , well done xx :)

You may also like...