Couch to 5K
54,705 members87,219 posts

Graduated at last!

It took five months with ten weeks on the injury couch over three injuries (one not running related) and several repeated runs in the middle weeks when I struggled.

But today on a windy Boxing day with clouds flying overhead and brief glimpses of sunbeams I struggled through and not only finished but did so with my fastest pace so far.

At one point a heron burst our from beneath the bridge I was running over to cheer me on. Beautiful.

Thank you everyone who encouraged me and well done to the other Christmas week graduates.

xxxxx

Gnet

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done - with perseverance like that the running world is your oyster. Here's to many happy runs ahead.

1 like

Congratulations on graduating! Very well deserved after all your perseverance.😀🏃🏻

1 like

Congratulations on graduating. I admire you for being able to go out on Boxing Day because I overdid things on Christmas Day and would never have coped today.

After so many injuries you should be 'well chuffed'.

1 like

Excellent ! Many Congratulations to you on your Graduation !

Lovely post ....

Persistance always pays , Well done ! :-) xxx

1 like

Thank you all. It feels strange to have a Graduate badge :)

Well done Gnet especially after so many set-backs. Seeing it through is a real achievement.

1 like

Congratulations - you should feel very proud of yourself. Great start to a new year!

1 like

Fantastic! Well done you!! 😀👏👏👏

1 like

Brilliant, gnet, just brilliant! That graduate badge is really well deserved :)

1 like

Well done. I graduated on Christmas Eve, it's a great feeling isn't it?

1 like

It is amazing , well done xx :)

1 like

You may also like...