Graduated at last!

It took five months with ten weeks on the injury couch over three injuries (one not running related) and several repeated runs in the middle weeks when I struggled.

But today on a windy Boxing day with clouds flying overhead and brief glimpses of sunbeams I struggled through and not only finished but did so with my fastest pace so far.

At one point a heron burst our from beneath the bridge I was running over to cheer me on. Beautiful.

Thank you everyone who encouraged me and well done to the other Christmas week graduates.

xxxxx

Gnet

11 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done - with perseverance like that the running world is your oyster. Here's to many happy runs ahead.

• Congratulations on graduating! Very well deserved after all your perseverance.πŸ˜€πŸƒπŸ»

• Congratulations on graduating. I admire you for being able to go out on Boxing Day because I overdid things on Christmas Day and would never have coped today.

After so many injuries you should be 'well chuffed'.

• Excellent ! Many Congratulations to you on your Graduation !

Lovely post ....

Persistance always pays , Well done ! :-) xxx

• Thank you all. It feels strange to have a Graduate badge :)

• Well done Gnet especially after so many set-backs. Seeing it through is a real achievement.

• Congratulations - you should feel very proud of yourself. Great start to a new year!

• Fantastic! Well done you!! πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Brilliant, gnet, just brilliant! That graduate badge is really well deserved :)

• Well done. I graduated on Christmas Eve, it's a great feeling isn't it?

• It is amazing , well done xx :)

You may also like...