Broken Leg update

Hi All

its coming up to the 6 week mark so i thought I would update you.....I am doing well can now lift my body weight up a flight of stairs, can go from kneeling to standing on my one leg and am feeling great in myself.

Through no exercise - my menopausal paunch has made a return ( grrrr ) but one battle at a time :-)

i have my follow up o the 5th so will know whether I can finally start weight bearing. I have been taking the cast off and moving my foot and trying to stretch so hoping that physio will get me back on my feet ( lol lol )

Has anyone suffered a break ad can tell me how long it took to get back to running again? I miss it terribly and my netball.

anyways well done to all those who still going in this dismal weather and hooray to all the newbies for taking the plunge - you won't regret it!

be safe and smile

7 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • That must be so frustrating for you!

Sorry to hear you are still out of action - but great that you're thoroughly on the mend. Hopefully you'll start getting your running shoes back on pretty soon - take it gently and let us know how you get on!

Fingers crossed you'll be back out there sooner rather than later!

• I remember your post about this Dolphin. It must have been so frustrating, but it sounds as if you are making steady progress. I'm afraid I know little about broken bones but I really hope your follow up appointment and physiology goes well and you can get out there again in the not too distant future.

• Good to hear you are making progress. Feels like along old road I'm sure. Hope there's positive news on Thursday.

• Ancient Mum broke her ankle fairly recently and is now just making a gentle re-introduction to running

Your physio will be sorting you out shortly but I think running is perhaps a way off yet. You don't have long to wait to find out if your physio is on Friday. I'm seeing my physio on Friday too. I think there's one or two of us still on the bench!

• Hi Doliphin, I was wondering how you were getting on. Time passes very slowly when you have a serious injury, doesn't it?

When I broke my ankle earlier this year, it took 5 months until I was ready to begin running again, and then I restarted the programme at w1r1 and gradually worked my way back to w9. I had a fantastic physio who helped me no end, but basically it was a long slog. What I wish I'd done is to find a way to maintain my aerobic fitness, because when I restarted running I was horribly unfit from having limited mobility for so long. All being well, you should be good to start again in the spring. Just hang on in there xxx

• I'm back running ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Just done week2 day 1 today hooray

• Yey!!! Fantastic!!! ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿ’ซ Very best of luck with your return to running xx

You may also like...