W8R1 - slowest yet

That was incredibly tough! My legs felt like lead for the last 10 mins and it was a massive mental struggle not to walk in the later stages. I don't know if it was my cold (still got it), lack of sleep or the early hour - I was finished and back home whilst it was still dark outside. Anyway, my pace was just nearly 7mins/km (under 9km/hr) for the first time in the longer runs. But I did manage to run over 4km for the first time ever :-D and I still haven't had a F... fingers crossed for W8R2.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Get runs like that Simon, well done though, keep it there!, gremlins are a pain sometimes, I had them this morning, just went through them and they melted away..😀

• Hey well done. None of these are easy - but you did it!

• Lack of sleep and a cold make things more difficult but you did it. Well done. You are faster than me !!!

• Well done Simon . You did it !

Keep going, you're doing great !

Onwards, always xxxx

• I'm on week 7 (just got day 3 to go) and definitely finding these longer runs tough! I did manage just over 4k yesterday, but ran for almost 28 minutes, so it looks as though we're about the same speed! :) Keep at it. Onwards and upwards, etc. xx

You may also like...