Post grad runs

I graduated about two weeks ago and have been running 3x30 mins a week. On Tuesday mapmyrun failed to work but it actually felt quite freeing as I was beginning to get a bit obsessed with whether my splits were slower than the last run. Having non of that information feeding through my headphones meant I actually just ran for sheer enjoyment and pleasure which was great. So my plan for the next few weeks is to do 1 x30 minute run with no distance/time checks, 1x30 minute run with distance/time checks and then one run when I run 5k (cos still can't do this in 30 mins yet) where I run it for as long as it takes. Do you think this sounds like a plan? Ooh the other thing is on my non timed runs I am beginning to tackle hills because I am surrounded by them and feel I need to conquer them and it varies my running route by blimey they are steep 😉

6 Replies

• The beauty of graduating is that you can do whatever you want! Whatever keeps you running is good but you could swop one of your runs with a weekly hill session, but keep the time shorter, say 15 or 20 minutes.

I know what you mean about running with no information. It's very liberating.

• sounds an excellent plan

• Sounds like a good plan to me :-) I graduated a month ago and I'm still figuring out what I want to do and how I want to go with my running. But the main thing is just to keep getting out there!

• Sounds like a great plan to me! I thought the same when running without Runkeeper earlier this week - it was very freeing. I also graduated a couple of weeks ago and am trying to include at least one 5k run a week. Happy runninh!:-)

• Sounds like a great plan :)

• Thanks you all. I'm just glad that I am still getting out there post c25k. Had a really busy week last week but managed to fit running in.its feeling like it's becoming part of my new lifestyle.going out to try a 5 k run later.

You may also like...