Northern Soul

brief update current sit rep since returning from the injury couch in August :)

Time at 1st parkrun on 22/08 was 33:01 ,not bad considering, today was 31:01 , couldn't be happier ,all being well should hit that magic 30 again around October/November but if not no worries :)

Longest run to date was 6.4km on Tuesday evening after work , everything went so well, hit my pace from the 1st Km around 7min/km breathing was good and the legs felt good ,back on track to hit 10K again at some point , the run felt the best for a while ,easy isn't the right word but very comfortable are the 2 right words :D if only all runs felt like that :)

No hill work so far , think that would be tempting fate at this stage , the words of my physio not far from my thoughts at the end of each week ..

So there we are , running longer and stronger than I have for a long time and feeling great about it :D

For anyone on the IC or just returning , be patient ,stay positive and you will get back to where you were :D to borrow a phrase my youth and northern soul days " keep the faith "

Last edited by

13 Replies

• That's brilliant Rob. You've proved that patience on the IC is a virtue and that running will always be there when you return. That's a great time, you must be well pleased. And slowly but surely is the way to go on the long runs. Yeah!

• Thanks IP , I am very pleased , it has been a great week for me :) with my longer runs I am doing it for 3 weeks then have a week of recovery with a couple of 3km ish runs + parkrun before increasing again ..

hopefully my physio would be saying that is the way to do it :)

7min/km is very comfortable for me on the longer runs, would be looking at 1hr 10 for 10k which would be bloomin marvellous 1st time out :D

• It sounds as if that plan is working out well for you Rob so I'm sure your physio will be happy.

• Thanks again IP , definitely taking a more cautious approach to training now :)

• Great Rob ! I am so pleased for you :-)

It has been a long road back for you , but youre back out there , running regularly and strong .

Fabulous news xxx

• thanks poppy :D I have always appreciated your support and encouragement :D

It is almost safe to say slow_rob is back ! xx

• Youre very welcome ! :-) xxx

• Excellent nor-so-slow-rob you've done so brilliantly, reclaiming your fitness and pushing your times and distances again? Well done m'dear xx

• Thanks AM :D pushing yes but cautiously xx

• Good for you! Slow and steady wins the race as they say ;-)

• Thanks Laura :)

• Great stuff, Rob. Your patience is certainly paying dividends now.

• Thanks Dunder :) patience was never one of strong points, guess running and injury as taught be to be just that :)

You may also like...