I did it! Week 9 run 3

I did it! Week 9 run 3

I got home after a VERY long work week and immediately dressed for a run. I chose my wardrobe a bit more carefully than usual- I wanted it to be special. After faffing about for a while, I chose my green shirt with gray and blue pants. It was sprinkling a bit outside but not enough to bother. The light rain was just enough to give that lovely smell and to make the air fresh and clean. Thirty minutes of running later and I was done. I can at last say that I'm a couch to 5k graduate. I am quite proud to have achieved this. Thank you all for your support and advice!!!! Woo hoo!

P.s. Now you get to see MY picture flipped oddly!

Last edited by

62 Replies

• Great picture x

• Thank you!

• Fantastic job RFB it sounds like a really special run!

Really well done I shall pop some champagne corks later for you (a touch too early in the day just now).

Great pic too!!

Now go get your shiny graduate badge☺

Happy running ☺☺

• Aww thanks!!! It was a good run.

• That's great, welcome to the graduates lounge! You look very proud as well you might! Don't forget to come back and tell us how you're getting on. Here's the link for the badge

• Thank you Curlygurly! I was wondering how to get the badge too. 😃

• Fantastic ! What a star and what a smile ! Very well done.

• Thanks. I wouldn't have believed this a few months back!

• Congratulations!! I love that you chose a special outfit for it and fab picture! Xx

• Thank you!

• Nice one. What a buzz, eh! Welcome to the club.

• It feels great! Thank you!

• That face says it all! Well done, you've come a long way from week one, enjoy the feeling of a magnificent achievement :)

• Thank you! I love your handle and your profile picture by the way.

• Well done graduate! Great picture by the way, you look lovely and fresh faced :-)

• Oh thanks! My phone isn't always the best at catching reds 😉.

• POM POM TIME! *Mfam wiggles pyjama-clad behind and shouts, 'She DID IT!' in the kitchen*

Congratulations, RFB, for an awesome voyage from the land of the breathless to the pinnacles of runnerdom. You have now attained the holy grail of the shining sports shoe. Guard it jealously, wear your graduate badge with pride, and stride onwards and forwards for new running adventures.

Bearded Tolkien magician mode *off*. You rock, girl. :D

• Thanks so much for all of your support. I always love reading your posts. I will guard that shoe from the evil land of the breathless. 😃

• Great stuff. Well done.

• Thank you!

• Congratulation! You look so happy in the picture. Must feel great.

• I do feel great. A few months ago I never thought I would do this. I felt lazy and trapped by the sofa cushions. Not any more!

• Congratulations, wear that badge with pride.

• Than you!!!!

• BIg well done :D you look very happy and rightly so

• Aw thanks Rob! You have been a great encouragement.

• very well done

• Thank you!!!

• Congratulations! Lovely photo! :)

• Thank you very much!

• Yayyyy you did it, and have a shiny new badge xx well done RFB

• Thank you Redfraggle1! It's been fun. No worries, I will stick around.

• Fabulous! You've inspired me to choose something other than black for my graduation run, which should happen next Saturday!

• Awesome! Choose something that makes you feel good. I'll be cheering you from the sidelines!

• Well done 😊

• Thank you very much!

• Congratulations! You look rightly proud.

Now to plan all your lovely new running adventures!

• Thank you! I already have a 5k next Saturday in a corn maze! I'm excited!

• Well done! It feels great to graduate! Enjoy it :-)

• I am, I am! Thank you!

• Yay!!! Well done you!!!

• Thank you!!!!

• Well done RFB! Great effort! It's been a pleasure, and the picture orientation is getting there lol, nice colour top, you need to get a graduate T shirt now, just seen this, don't know what they're like, look OK, spreadshirt.co.uk/c25k-grad...

• Oh that's cute! Thank you!

• Massive congratulation, RFB. The world is now your running oyster (hmmmm not sure that metaphor works) Well done :)

• It may not work, but it made me laugh 😉. Thanks so much for all of your support!

• Congratulations! Wish I looked like that after 30 mins running.

• Lol thanks Jellybelly! I should point out that my phone doesn't always capture reds very well 😉.

• Amazing job, well done, you look so happy x

• Thank you very much!

• Well done indeed. We graduates need to be reminded now and then what that Achievement felt like !

• Thank you! Living vicariously can be fun too. I think I'll head out for a walk now ( I try to have a day off between runs to avoid injury).

• Fantastic! And a very good choice of colour for your shirt :)

Happy running, Graduate!

• Thank you very much!!!!!

• Brilliant photo, you look such a happy lady ! :-)

Many Congratulations to you and I wish you lots of lovely running adventures .

Well done ! :-) xxx

• Thank you poppypug!!!! I am now shoring up on my winter gear. I will keep running and still visit this board. Onward to my 5k next week!

• Wow. Sending you a big fat well done. Massive congratulations. Great pic toox

• Awww! Thank you!

• Well done a real achievement, I am just about to start week 3 cannot imagine getting to week 9!

• You will get there nifty. That was me a few weeks ago. Prepare to surprise yourself.

• Way hey! Congratulations!

• Thank you very much anniewebb!

You may also like...