First run as a 50 year old πŸ‘Ύ

Good morning.

We'll today was a day of firsts.

I live in Weston-super-Mare and have always fancied a seafront run. But I'm a bit unsure and nervous when it comes to doing something a little different - I'm a bit of a comfort zone kinda girl! But today I did it - and loved it! We have a lovely prom and did the full stretch - the distance was 4.75k so I did a bit extra to make it up to 5.25k :-).

And now I'm sat here watching my hubby play about with his power kites - it's glorious here.

And yes, I am now 50! I had 3 days of celebrating so I was determined to get back on it and have a good run - bit slower than normal but still good.

The sun is beating down now - great day off!

:-) xx

Skip

Promoted Content

Download NHS Couch to 5K

The Couch to 5K plan is available as a podcast and app (Apple and Google Play)

Learn more

Promoted by Couch to 5K

28 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Sounds glorious. Belated happy birthday!

• Thanks Ully

• Happy birthday! Welcome to the best decade! Well done on getting out there after your celebrations, sea front running is the best...

• Thanks. Definitely doing the seafront again - I mean it's just there!!

• Happy birthday. Sounds like a lovely run!

• It was, thanks.

• Happy birthday! And here's to lots of new experiences going forward x

• I'm definitely open to more ;-) x

• Happy Birthday and how lucky are you to have the fabulous promenade to run. Am very envious! Welcome to your 50's and great times ahead :)

• Wsm gets knocked a lot, but the prom really is lovely πŸ˜ƒ

• Happy birthday, sounds like a great run. I'm counting down to my 50th now from last Thursday. I also had to stop partying. Happy running.

• Thank you. And Happy birthday to you too πŸ˜€ πŸŽ‚ x

• Woo hoo ! Welcome to the 50s club Pinky !

Oh, a run along the sea front - Fab !

Happy Birthday to you , and Im glad you had a lovely time celebrating it ! :-) xxx

• I've had a great time, thanks Poppy πŸ˜„ xx

• Happy birthday! I passed that milestone earlier this year, and it feels pretty good so far!

• You did indeed πŸ˜ƒglad to hear it aint that bad!

• Happy birthday! xx

• Thanks TT x

• I am so jealous I could spit!!

But I wont ...... It all sounds fabulous. Enjoy every minute x

• It was fabulous, thank you x

• Mahoosive congratulations!! What a great way to start this very special decade.

Enjoy your body, work it, energise it, get the most you can from it, and have fun :)

• Thank you.

And I will do all of those things! :)

• Can't beat a lovely seafront run :) well done and abelated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you !!!!!!!!! :)

• Thanks Ali :) x

• Happy birthday Pinky! 50!!!! Fancy that!

So jealous of your seafront run! I still haven't done one yet. Bah

You will have to make it a regular occurrence now.

• Thank you :)

I have a feeling I will do more too - and why not, it's just there down the road. And there's plenty more not many miles away, so I should take advantage of them.

• Happy birthday! ! I hope you had a fabulous day!

Sounds like you had a great run too ☺🍰 < that's cake if it shows up lol

• Thanks Jammy.

The cake turned up a couple of days before.

And the lovely food and wine and cider all the weekend.. oh well, only become 50 once - back to the running now :)