Stepping stone... ooooooh

Just did SS for the first time...

Full of nerves when I set off because I had no idea what to expect at all. Was quite exciting at the same time.

Lovely to hear Laura again - wasn't long before I started arguing with her again though!! Didn't like the music much either but it definitely helped me to stick to the pace.

To my amaze I managed the whole thing and still breathing totally through my nose! For me this was a definite upping of pace but I think it was manageable because I take really tiny fairy sized steps anyway.

I went a new route too.

And ended up with a glorious beetroot face on arriving home.

All in all it was certainly a challenge but I enjoyed it and will definitely give it another go.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done! I've been sticking to the week 9 run for sometime now, so might try this! Ps glad it's not just me who ends up with a beetroot face! 😊

• I wasn't really planning on trying it at all but suddenly fancied something different just as I was about to go out of the door. Really glad I did - definitely worth giving it a go!

I imagine myself looking all glowy and virtuous after a run - it's a bit of a reality check to see the actual sweaty beetroot look!!

• Can I just ask did you download it onto your phone? I've got

The c25k app on my phone is there an app for stepping stone? Thanks!

• I put it on my (android) phone as a podcast. I did the 9 weeks with podcasts too as I have no idea how to put music onto my phone so didn't like the app at all!

• Thanks I'll have a look. Happy running!

• Well done Arrie ! Yes you certainly feel like you have had a workout with these .

I find the C25k + podcasts really good and challenging

My favourite is the Speed one, maybe cos its only 16 minutes long ha ha ! :-) xxx

• I'm planning on giving that one a go next week - terrified!!!!

• You'll be fine, honestly :-) Its really good that one ! :-) xxx

• I'll let you know!!!

• At last somebody is applying the right kind of adjective to the cult word "beetroot". Well done on your glorious, trans-rubicund, glowing, healthy, spectacularly wonderful beetroot face, and for acknowledging it as such.

• Why thank you, kind sir!

• You're welcome. It's the least I could do for someone who properly uses the glorious word "beetroot" ... um ... so gloriously. :D

• Tee hee!!

You may also like...