Couch to 5K
52,562 members84,631 posts

Now running 5K

I'd got up to week 6 run 3 and then went on holiday. I worked out a reasonable looking circular route for a run on holiday and discovered, by chance that it was 5.03K long so I thought, as an experiment, I'd just see if I could run it. It had some steep uphill bits that I just couldn't manage to run, but I ended up with three 1.5 minute walks near the beginning and ran the rest. Did it three times over 10 days, each time in just over 45 minutes. Back home from holiday and so I just tried 5K on the treadmill. Ran the whole 5K in 36:46. I think I will treat this as having graduated from C25K - absolutely amazing programme. I can't beleive that I can do this (55 at the end of the month, overweight and stressed out, but much less stressed when running).

10 Replies
oldestnewest

There ain't no stopping you now!!!

1 like

Don't stop me now

I'm having such a good time

I'm having a ball

Tra la la, tum ti tum

Enjoy yourself Doc!

2 likes

Fantastic achievement, well done you...and you will feel at least 10 years younger...

2 likes

Well done Doc! Perhaps put a c25k poster in the waiting room?

3 likes

Wrong sort of Doc I'm afraid. I'm an academic psychologist. I could put a poster in my office for tutorials and seminars though!

2 likes

I thought this could be the case, anyway, well done for postering, I think you know the poster & letter can be downloaded from the website.

I'm taking a poster to my GP tomorrow, when I have my BP checked.

2 likes

Well done Bob,

1 like

Well done doc keep enjoying

1 like

That's a great achievement, well done, keep running ....

1 like

well done you

1 like

You may also like...