So pleased! I graduated today! Thank you to everyone who is on this forum as it is a great supportive environment. Thanks especially to Atalaya for giving me the idea to graduate at a Parkrun. People today were very supportive and a chap who had finished (probably at least 10 mins before me and was walking to cool down) ran the last 150m with me to help me to finish! So kind!
So, for anyone who is thinking about whether this is for them, I have my top 5 reasons for doing C25K:-
1. You definitely improve your fitness - stairs are much easier and you have more energy for everyday living (even cleaning the house!!)
2. You lose weight (well I did - nearly a stone in 9 weeks but I am obese - BMI 33 now 31)
3. You encourage your family to get fitter. My 13 yo daughter has been out with me on many occasions and it resulted in a win in the 800m at Sports Day (I'm definitely taking some credit for that one). Also the cool down meant that we talked - a rare thing to do with a teenager addicted to Netflix!
4. You realise that you CAN run and it is not just for an elite group of people.
5. It improves your general self esteem and makes you realise that you can achieve a lot more than you gave yourself credit for...
As a treat for myself I've purchased the Garmin 610 and look forward to continuing with the running. Not sure what my future plan is yet so if there are any graduates with advice I'd like to hear from you!