I've definitely got a runners high after this mornings run and am now sat in the office with a big grin on my face.
After being nervous over the dreaded 20mins non stop run all yesterday, I rolled put of bed and went for it. I've decided I'm definitely an early morning runner, the roads are quiet and I get to see all sorts of wildlife - which makes it feel more rewarding.
For those looking for ways of distracting themselves to make the 20mins go quicker the following things helped me...
- counting windows (odd but it killed 3 minutes)
- admiring peoples gardens and mentally redesigning my own
- mentally writing a car treasure hunt (looking at house names, unusual statues in gardens etc)
- looking for wildlife in hedges
- saving some of your favourite sing a long songs for a special playlist for the 20min
- waving at people that were about and imagining why they're out
- saying hello and waving to anyone I saw
I'm interested to know what other distraction techniques people have been using .. Please let me know