Whoop! Two runs, two PBs

It happened again! After my PB at Parkrun on Saturday (29:26) I went out for my Monday 10k run feeling confident and fit. I set myself a pace of 6:30 to run around, or just under if I could, and maintained the average at around 6:27/km, managing to squeeze it down as the run unfolded, finishing in a time of 64:16. I'm very pleased with that, with Run Jericho (the organised 10K race in Oxford coming up on Sunday week. I've got two more 10k training runs before then, and I think they'll be more gentle runs. When I registered for the race, I'd run 10k twice, and registered with an expected time of about 72 minutes.

Today's run connect.garmin.com/modern/a...

8 Replies

• Wow, you're making huge progress Steve. Well done!

• Thanks, Tomas. It feels good!

• Well done Steve.Congrats on the PB!

Take care not to push yourself too hard. Do some recovery runs and look after that bod

• Yes, MW. To be fair, I wasn't really straining during this run, but I will be taking it a bit easy during the next couple of weeks in the run up to Run Jericho (apart from next Saturday's Parkrun, perhaps!)

I really have no intention of getting injured. I don't want to make the IC more crowded.

• blimey you are on fire!! :) well done

• :) thanks JJ

• Brilliant. Well done on the PB's. You'll need a new target for your race.

• True, actually - a couple of months ago, I had what I thought was an ambitious target of being able to run 65 minute 10ks by the race.

You may also like...