Rainy running

That was the first time I've run when it has not just been raining but properly tipping it down. And windy! But not cold so while I can hardly say it was fun, it could have been worse.

And actually, it reminded me that the feeling of "I HATE this, I just want to go home" is never as strong as the feeling of "I'm SO glad I did that!" when you DO get home!

Happy Bog-snorkelling :-D

14 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Can't beat a good rainy run and that lovely self satisfied feeling afterwards my fellow bog snorkler!!

• I love the rain, it's the wind that does for me.

• Avoid the beans Dunder!!!

• He he. Actually beans might be just the ticket to counteract the pesky headwind that always follows me around.

• ๐Ÿ‘…๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

• You're so right - the run itself is sometimes horrible, but the feeling afterwards sooooo makes up for it. Masochists, runners!

• It's true! It might be a struggle at some point in the run but I always think it'll be worth it cos the finish will be bliss, and it always is.

I am running later. At race pace! Erk It's raining too.

• It's the thought of the warm shower afterwards that keeps me going.

• I love running in the rain.

• I love running in the rain too. It's a license to splash through puddles like a child again. Lol ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

• I don't mind running in the rain - but nothing will ever beat the smugness of running as it's starting to snow! :D I'm not looking forward to tonight - looks like it's going to be a blowy one - I'd much rather pouring rain like Monday!

• I just read this knowing my run tonight is going to be in the wind and rain. I will keep it in mind as motivation :) thanks

• I was very lucky. The rain stopped about 10 minutes before I went out. I felt even better when 5 minutes after I got in it started throwing it down :)

• Well done! I had a few light sprinkles of rain, but mostly sun and wind this evening. I hate running in the wind!

You may also like...