Nice 10K to finish the week

Hi All, Work has been getting the better of me. Lots of long days commuting and working in Kent so apologies I have not been on here much. My Post tibial tendonitis is still with me - now into the 4th month but I am back to running 3 times a week albeit gingerly.

Went out for a slow 10k last night and felt really strong. It was only after 6K I felt my legs were working properly and the hills were okay. Did it in 1 hour 9 mins with my Garmin warnig me every time I went quicker than 6min 15 per km.

Felt really good to be out running.

Hope you all have great runs at parkrun etc

GF

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

23 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Great to see you back out there again. It must of felt like a really long time waiting. Glad to see your treating yourself with tlc and listening to your body. Happy healing and running.

• Thanks RFC.

• 10k is a lovely distance to run, isn't it?

• It is great. No walking in this one and lots of hills it was great fun.

• Sorry to hear your not 100% but great to hear your managing 3 runs a week your doing better than me there!!

• How are you getting on Vix? Any more 10Ks planned?

• I have one next Sunday, but running in April has been limited to only 2 /3 runs so I doubt I am ready. Too much travel and life getting in the way. Back in chile now, weather has FINALLY turned so plan is to get out there now

• Hope it goes well Vix

• Hi gettingfitter. Glad to see you are getting better. I am in the slower than normal mode lately. I had a sore hip but its getting better now. Way to keep going!

• Great that you are on the mend Burgdude

• Sounds as if things are going really well now. At least you are not completely laid up and building up patiently.

• Thanks Ully. Still trying not to overdo it but it is hard

• GF this is good news indeed. A 10K in 69 mins is bloody good especially if you're a bit below par. Keep it steady dude and look after those tibial tendor thingy's!

• Thanks Dan my Garmin tells me I'm not as fit as I was but hopefully this tendon will sort itself out

• Glad to see you are getting back up to distance - hope you keep improving.

• Thanks c4ts it is nice to be back

• Yo Bro ! :-)

Great news ! Sounds very positive, good to hear youre getting back out there

All the very best to you on your continued recovery xxx

• Thanks PP. Smashed it today ;-)

• If you can keep running 3 times a week you will build up your former strength. 10 k is lovely isn't it, just far enough. I have another one scheduled for tomorrow, my last before my race.

• Good luck with the race MW

• GF! There you are! Good to see you back. I'd be more than happy with that time xx

• Thanks Curly. Connected on Garmin too.

• Thanks GF.

You may also like...