Tying your shoes differently (no really)

Have any of you had a go at tying your shoes like this instead? I've given it a go and I must admit it does feel a lot better!

howtorunamarathon.net/Tying...

It might help some of you that have problems with shoes being a bit tight - should be worth a go at least.

(PS - that website looks really good for the training plans as well but just having a read now)

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

17 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Iv bookmarked that I will try tomorrow and let you know. Thank you

• Page won't open. Sniff. And there I was thinking I'd be able to learn to tie my shoelaces all over again... a new challenge!

• It didn't work for me either but I found it through googling :) Hopefully this will work!

howtorunamarathon.net/Tying...

• Thanks for this. I will try it when I am back into running

• Thank you - this link worked fine for me! And thanks to Wristy for posting this - the mystery of the weird extra lace hole is finally explained! Why on earth don't they tell you this when you buy the shoes? I'll be trying this tonight :-)

• I couldn't open the page either - but a chap at Sweatshop gave me a great tip on how to lace shoes for a snugger fit round the heel which has stood me in good stead. And satisfied my curiosity about what that extra hole is for...

• Yes, and the issue about short laces is a real problem for me :( I have wide feet, so by the time I have re-laced my shoes and created the extra loop there's not much left to tie a bow with. You can find longer laces but quite often they are also wider or round, for boots. Not good, manufacturers!

• I had this problem with my old shoes - seems like Brooks have (at least these ones do anyway) a bit more extra on the lace

• I was shown this way of lacing when buying my last pair of running shoes and it works!

• I was shown this as the way to lace my trail shoes - definitely helps with those!

• I was also shown to tie them that way by my physio.

• Thanks for that, I will try it on tomorrows run.

• I heard about this on another running site a few months earlier and have been tying my shoes like that since. However, I bought a new pair of Saucony's last week and found that the laces are too short for this. I can barely tie a normal knot.

• Yes. I always hace my laces like this ever since I first read that tip.

• Thanks for posting this Wristy , my shoelaces are the bane of my life !

Tie em too tight , they make my feet go numb, tie em too loose and they come undone - Pah !

Im going to give this a go , ta very much ! :-) xxx

• ran for the first time with this lacing tonight and promptly ran a PB haha

• Hey Well done, it works ! :-D xxx

You may also like...