1st runniversary :) 1st tumble :(

I reckon it would have been about 6pm this evening a year ago that I first stepped out for W1R1 - crickey, just how hard were each of those 8 single minute runs. But I was determined and stuck with the amazing programme, and graduated - just the best thing ever.

I haven't reached any dizzy heights, but I run 3 times every week and am fitter and healthier than ever (generally!). I am training towards 10k and am running in the Bristol event on 31 May.

And what a lovely morning for an anniversary run.. clear skies, sunshine, no wind.. just run past the smokey man with his husky dogs (joined today by his wife and a new puppy) when I somehow lost my footing and fell! I've always worried about doing that but never have until today. I was a bit shaken, but ok. I got up, gave myself a quick once over and started off again - slowly. Took a few minutes to get my breathing back, but it was fine.

A quick check of the garmin shows 5.12k in 37:08 minutes. I've been quicker but currently have a chesty cough so am taking it steady.

Have a great day everyone :). Off to shower now.. then to work..

:) xx

20 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Glad you are OK.

I am guessing that going arse over head is some sort of right of passage so doing it on your anniversary is quite fitting.

• I guess you're right.. Hopefully that's it now though!

• Oh dear! Well, never mind. We all tumble but just scrape ourselves back up and press on. When we fell as kids we didn't get shaken up did we? Ironically the last fall I had was over a speed hump. What a div I am. No harm done I hope Pinky. Keep on running gal.

• Keeping on ๐Ÿƒ miss w

• Oh, poo. :( Happy runniversary, nevertheless.

• Ta ;-)

• that's a very different way to celebrate your runniversay :) glad you didn't suffer and serious injury :)

• Thanks.. Nothing serious - oddly my arms are feeling it the most today!

• I think the biggest damage is to the ego! Not so bad if there is no one around. :-)

• My first ever sporting injury - I'm proud :-))

• Hope you aren't suffering any after effects today. Take care !

• Thanks hen.. Just aching arms.. Hope for a nice run tomorrow :-) still a gentle one due to continuing cough :-( xx

• Wonderful that you've been doing this a year, I really hope to keep going, so posts like yours are inspiring to us newbies! Sorry to hear about the tumble, were you really trying for a cartwheel of joy for the sheer hell of it?

• Hey Sparky :-)

Be patient with the plan and you will. I'm no athlete but I'm now fit and have some enjoyable exercise to do - I LOVE IT!!

So please keep on going - it's the best :-D ๐Ÿƒ

• Happy runniversary! Sorry to hear about your tumble - don't need to do that for another year now!

• Thanks Ully hopefully that will be the end of that! :-) xx

• Well done that lady. Aren't we all so lucky to have found this wonderful plan, brilliant forum and of course the love of running. Many happy running returns, Pinky.

• Cheers Ian. It's all great isn't it :-)

• Happy Runniversary Pinky . You are a very supportive and lovely lady xxx

Sorry about your fall , hope you're okay xxx

• Thanks Poppy, that's kind.

I'm fine - arms a bit sore strangely.. :-) xx

You may also like...