This definitely works!

So I've been doing this programme for a few weeks now and had got to W4R1 on sunday and happy to complete it. Then on Monday I joined a running club who were organising a free c25k programme with the aim of doing a park run in June. Obviously they were starting back at week 1. So I did the 2nd run tonight with them and felt great! Even managed to sprint the last 1 minute run. I think I shocked myself. My recovery rate between each run was much better as well.. Going to go and do another week 4 run tomorrow as I'll have to miss a few nights of the running club because of work. Hoping it'll all work itself out by the time I get back into track with them. So newbies....keep at it, even if you think you aren't getting anywhere, you definitely are! And as everyone says 99% of it is a mental challenge, your body will cope!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • So right!!! This programme is a small piece of genius, it works, and it's addictive too :) well done, keep going!

• It's so satisfying to notice the improvement in fitness over those first 4 weeks.

Well done, and it's a great idea to join a running club.

Wishing you the best of luck on your way to 5k.

• I was saying to my wife yesterday, actually - one of my favourite things about C25K (and running in general) is how it works on your body without you even noticing - the way that if you can run, for example Week 5 Run 1 on Monday, you'll be able to run Week 5 Run 3 on Friday. It's quite special really.

• Yup! You get out of it what you put into it - the surprise for most of us, I think, is how great the rewards are! Enjoy your group and keep us posted :-!

You may also like...