Chiropractor says I can try

After being on the injury couch since end of December and having been poked, prodded, manipulated and had needles stuck in my rear end, I have been told I can try 1 minute run, 1 minute walk for a whole five minutes. if that is ok can do 6 minutes the next day etc etc. Trouble is I'm now so worried it will start hurting again I don't want to do it!

I'm going to give it a couple of days for my hip to calm down after the latest bout of manipulation then give it a go. Wish me luck!

13 Replies

• Hi Jo, I understand, I know EXACTLY how you feel.

I just got the go ahead last week from my physio for a very slow/short run due to hip bursitis, and I was so scared . I had been chomping at the bit for nearly 6 weeks and then when I had the chance to do it , I was soo nervous.

Luckily, I didn't have any pain in my hip at all . I was so so pleased . My physio said that the only way I was going to find out if I hurt when I ran was by running , there was no other way .

Fingers crossed ,let us know how you get on :-) xxx

• Glad you are on the mend. My hip still niggles but is a lot better. Your physio sounds like my chiropractor. Strange isn't it, we wait so long then want to put it off. I'll let you know how it goes.

• Fingers crossed muchly!

• Thank you, I have mine crossed as well!

• Oh, I wish you luck on your first run. I've been exactly the same (except for the needles, which sound like a mixed pleasure), out with hip pain since December, and plucked up all my courage yesterday to try a very light run/walk. I did all my physio exercises before and after and it seems to have gone fine. So I'll try another short run/walk thing tomorrow.

Just give it a very careful go - you'll love being outdoors again!

• At least we have missed the bad weather! have had the acupuncture done three times now, you hardly feel it and somehow it relaxes the muscles. Good luck with your run/walk tomorrow, hope it goes ok.

• fingers crossed for you Jo :D

• Thanks, looking forward to being back to normal

• Good luck - hope it all goes well for you!

• Thank you

• Thank you, Think I may need some luck.

• Aw I can imagine how you must be feeling, I hope it all goes well for you. x :-)

• Thank you. Part of me is itching to get off the injury couch, trouble is, part of me is now quite comfortable on it.

You may also like...